Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supersafe Boost

SEBSEB
Team Player
Message 7 of 7

A word to the wise, I have been a TalkTalk customer for more than 10 years, recently I renewed my service contract; part of which was Super Safe boost, FOC.

Anyway, I inadvertently turned off the service, I received an email to alert me but could not turn it back on, I contacted Customer Service to ask them to reinstate the service whereupon I was informed that although it was free as part of my new 18mth contract I would now have to pay £4p/m to have the service reinstated.

What a Joke, so much for loyalty.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi SEBSEB, thanks for confirming the security information. I've taken a look at the account and can see that it was an error. I've added the boost back to your account for 24 months with no charge. 

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to helo. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 7

Hi SEBSEB, I've sent you a personal message to obtain more information. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hello Gliwmaeden2

I appreciate your view, but why should I 'haggle' I don't hold a contract with a market trader, I am a long-standing customer of a reputable communications company with whom I have just taken up an 18month renewal of Service, part of which I mistakenly turned off a 'Free' element.

I have just renewed my TV License and am now afraid to watch ITV just in case the BBC won't let me back in.

0 Likes

SEBSEB
Team Player
Message 4 of 7

Hello Ady

Yes please, I would be grateful if you could look into this for me, I fully appreciate that if one cancels a boost they can't reasonably expect the cost to be the same forever, however, if you look at the super-safe boost if you press the wrong button there is no request to confirm your action, so when I alerted to my error I was unable to correct same.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Hi SESEB, if you were told that the boost would be free as part of your new package then I can look into that for you. If it was part of your old package, but not confirmed as free in the new package then you would have to pay £4 per month for it. 

Ady

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

@SEBSEB, that would happen if you remove any discounted / free boost.

If you try to reinstate them, you can only get them at full price or the current special offer - or ring up / use Chat and haggle?

Chat can be found using the search box at the top of the. Phone help opens at 9am:

03451 720046

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.