Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Supersafe Suspended since 'free' upgrade to Fibre 35

Karen34
Team Player
Message 5 of 5

Talktalk sent me an email to say they were giving me a FREE upgrade to Fibre at no cost to myself.  I knew there would be a catch to this and today I have found out my Supersafe is suspended.  I've read on here that I would now have to pay for Supersafe.  At no time did Talktalk inform me that my free Supersafe given with my previous Simple Broadband would be taken away.  Therefore this free upgrade to Fibre is not at all free if I have to now pay for Supersafe.  I did not ask for this upgrade.  I feel I have been conned.  What do you say Talktalk?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

That's good to hear, about the outcome, not the rain obviously!  🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Thanks Ferguson, I did a live chat and they have reinstated it free for a period of time.  I only  had time for a live chat as it was raining.  Thank you

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi Karen34, did you go through the automatic upgrade process or did you speak to agents about the upgrade? Either way you should have been notified of the change to SuperSafe Boost. I've sent you a personal message so that I can look into this further for you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

The free SuperSafe Boost was withdrawn some time ago, save for legacy packages. It is a shame that this wasn't made clear to you. You could try contacting customer services to express your dissatisfaction, they may be able to offer you a deal: call 0345 172 0046; or try Live chat here. Alternatively, there are a variety of free products available online which can offer much the same type of protection.