Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TalkTalk Online Defence

noelrobx
First Timer
Message 1 of 7

I'm getting a message saying, 'TalkTalk Online Defence is no longer protecting your device.

The subscription has expired or the license for this device has been removed.'

I didn't know I even had it. I wasn't paying a subscription or had a licence. What is going on? The message keeps appearing. Should I be worried?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

martswain
Philosopher
Message 2 of 7

@noelrobx 

What device are you using ?

Take a look in the APPs and/or programmes list and see if Online Defence is installed.

A free licence for one device was provided for years but this has now been discontinued and that licence drops off when a contract is renewed and the warnings then appear.

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 7

Hi noelrobx, has martswain helped you get to the bottom of this? 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Summercroft146
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 7

Hi   I getting same message but logged on to supersafe account to see and it says im protected???

Its free for 1 device.

I raise a post on here just now concerned it might be a virus? but if we protected how can the virus get thru?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

EXACTLY where are you getting the notification ?

If it's a Windows taskbar notification, Online Defence MUST be installed on your computer.

Check Windows Security settings.

Open Online Defence and see if it shows that your device as protected.

If you are on a mobile device, check the APP settings.

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 7

Hi noelrobx, please let us know if you're sorted now. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 7

Hi Summercroft146, I've replied to you in your own thread. 

Ady

0 Likes