Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talktalk Online Defence has stopped working with Firefox

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 10

I use Firefox browser. Recently a message popped up to say that Talktalk Online Defence is incompatible with Firefox Security. The add-on that previously worked has stopped. What can I do to restore this online protection

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi martswain, we have a couple of banned ex members who are desperate to remain community members in order to incite others. We will continue to keep them off the community to spare our members the grief. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

martswain
Philosopher
Message 2 of 10

I see @gerro did not like my suggestions, decided to be abusive and then delete their profile, oh well, water off a duck's back.

I am sure @ferguson  will agree, LOL

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 3 of 10

Pompous twerp!

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 10

Hi all, Fsecure has removed the error message as the extension isn't required for online protection to continue working. They have stated that they're still dealing with Mozilla to have the extension accepted. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 10

Yes, @martswain, I suppose most customers post in a state of panic, anger or bewilderment.

All the above probably preclude being in a calm enough state of mind to check the search engine.

Anyway, @Anonymous, at least you know that you are not alone with this problem. Keep an eye on the other thread.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 6 of 10

@Gliwmaeden2 if only customers could be bothered to search and then post in the correct board then all our lives would be so much easier !

Also, a simple Google search would have revealed the issue

https://community.f-secure.com/en/discussion/125034/mozilla-firefox-blocking-browsing-protection-by-...

@Ady-TalkTalk seems to be on top of the progress in the topic I referred to, so hopefully @Anonymous will have sufficient information to be going on with.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 7 of 10

Only known to those who have bumped into the problem already, @martswain.

There's no "sticky" for the issue.

@Anonymous, your thread is now in the right place for staff attention. 

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 8 of 10

@Anonymous 

Should've looked at this topic, it's been up 10 days.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Security/F-Secure-Banking-and-Browsing-Protection-blocked-by-Firefox/m-p/2871708#M22601

@Gliwmaeden2 it's a known issue, link above.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

I'll move this to the security board for you, @Anonymous.

It will be in a queue for attention. Please look out for a reply from TT staff later in the week. 

I'll remove the unnecessary duplicate thread. 

0 Likes