Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to change Kids Safe settings myself

Adrian77
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

My router is currently blocking few websites which I tried to adjust.

My current statut shows Kids Safe as off - which is not true because it's on.

When try to change it I get a message : Sorry, your Kids Safe settings were not updated. Please try again.

Spoke with customer service but no resolution to date

I want to be able to adjust these settings myself

please help

thanks

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Adrian, I'll need to take a look at your account so I've sent a personal message to obtain more information. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Adrian77
First Timer
Message 2 of 6

Hi

Yes I do get Kids safe message - apparently it's still preventing access to certain websites (although the status says it's off)

I've set Kids safe up some time ago and it was working fine until I upgraded to Future Fibre. 

I am unable to turn on scam protection etc. also.

thanks

Adrian

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi Adrian77,

When you try to access the websites are you getting the HomeSafe/KidSafe landing page?

Chris

0 Likes

Adrian77
First Timer
Message 4 of 6

Hi Ady

Done that and the problem still exists.

I assume there may be a problem with my router. I can see message in My account:

Your Router

We have not been able to identify your router or its software version

Thanks Adrian

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi Adrian77, please turn off your router overnight. That should clear the IP address of your connection and that should mean no more issue. If that doesn't clear this I'll need to take a look at the account for you.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.