Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unusual online activity possibly been hacked

blitzwing83
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Sometimes commands are made that I did not execute whilst I'm playing PlayStation PS3 games and recently a bookmarked website opened in chrome browser. This behaviour began when I added a friend on PS Network and removed shortly thereafter. It used to occur when I was logged in there, but then I noticed it happened when I was playing in a blank user profile which doesn't even have PS Network account. Does anybody have any good solutions or advice for this situation?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi blitzwing83,

How are you getting on, have you tried Birchcroft's advice?

Chris

0 Likes

Birchcroft
Philosopher
Message 2 of 5

Hi @blitzwing83 Can't really advise regarding PS3 but my general advice would be:

• Post the query on a PS3 forum as suggested by @Ady-TalkTalk as they are likely to know more about potential PS3 problems/threats than most people here.
  • If you think someone unwanted has access to your router then change the router's admin and WiFi passwords.  It would also be worth considering a factory reset of the router before you change the passwords.
  • Run antivirus software on your computer.

Hope this helps

0 Likes

blitzwing83
First Timer
Message 3 of 5

Not yet. If i wasn't clear enough before, the unusual activity also occurs on my computer sometimes. It's not limited to just PS Network. I think somebody has my talktalk router details and is making odd commands from it. Any other advice or support, please?

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 5

Hi blitzwing83, have you asked about this on the PS network?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes