Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VPN being blocked

Peterjl2
First Timer
Message 14 of 14

I have been using my works VPN for sometime but since 05/05/2022 it has been blocked by Talktalk.

My IT manager has checked my setup and is happy it is correct but says there are numerous reports that Talktalk have started blocking VPN's.

Can you please do what you have on other blogs and reconnect my VPN. Thank you.

I am using Dray tek Smart VPN Client version 5.51

Peter

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi

The later firmware does affect some VPN connections and changing your firmware in this case helped.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Hi Debbie,

All working fine, thank you very much for your help.

I would like to know, what was it that blocked the VPN on the last update that has now been unblocked?

Regards,

Peter

Message 3 of 14

Hi Peter

All updated, please can you retest?

Thanks again

Debbie

Message 4 of 14

Yes please. I will not touch it.

Thank you.

Peter

Message 5 of 14

Hi Peter

Will it be ok if I update your firmware within the next 30 minutes?

We need the router to be left on without being rebooted whilst we update the firmware.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Hi Debbie,

No it has to be on this desktop.

I have found the personal settings and I have added my phone number.

Peter

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Finally...finally found the link and updated my profile!!

I don't need an avatar, I just need the VPN unblocked so I can get back to work!

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Hi Peter

Have you tried on a different device?

Alternatively I will enable PM's so you can send me a Private Message with your telephone number.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Already tried that, nothing happens either left or right click apart from this

Peterjl2_0-1652432660850.png

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

Hi Peter

Please can you click on your Community Username/avatar, then select view, manage settings, personal information.

You add the details here and then click the save changes button.

Thanks

0 Likes

Peterjl2
First Timer
Message 11 of 14

Debbie, I would love to but where do I do this? The Talktalk website is one of the worst I have come across!!! Loads of useless links that just take you around in circles trying to find an answer....and don't bother claiming that no one else complains about it. 44% of Trustpilot reviews mark Talttalk as bad.

Frustrated and cannot get on with work...Peter

0 Likes

Peterjl2
First Timer
Message 12 of 14

Debbie, I would love to but where do I do this??? The Talktalk web site is one of the worst that I have to use!!! No obvious links and loads of useless ones. Why can I not contact you from within my Talktalk account? Why do I have to re register in the Community and I cannot use the same login as the main Talktalk account...you could make this up!

Peter

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 13 of 14

Hi Peter

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes