Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was my upgrade email genuine?

Mister B
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 5

Hi there,

I received an email at the end of last month informing me that my faster fibre contract was coming to an end, it had my name, the exact date my contract is up, how much I pay etc, nothing to say it wasnt genuine.

I clicked the link to move me onto a new matching fibre 35 contract, clicked the button to say yes I want to go ahead and received a webpage saying I would be notified within 10 days about said upgrade. 

Nothing has been sent to my email since, logging onto my account shows nothing regarding upgrading/transferring.

Was the email genuine? showing as <info@consumer.talktalk.co.uk>

I'm just worried I've clicked on a dodgy email.

Kind regards.

4 REPLIES 4

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 5

Thanks for confirming the security information. 

I've checked and the email is genuine it carries genuine and accurate information. 

You will need to call the Loyalty team now to get an improved offer and to be honest I would always recommend that course of action anyway.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 5

Hi Mister B, if you would like me to check the status of your account and any orders please check the personal message I've sent you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 3 of 5

The email seems genuine, sadly no action appears to have been taken on your account regardless of you responding to it. You are not the first to mention this.

I suggest you contact the customer loyalty team directly by calling 0345 172 5157, explain what happened and see if they can organise a suitable renewal deal for you. 

martswain
Philosopher
Message 4 of 5

That email is a genuine TT address.