Online security

Get answers and information about our security products.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Privacy warning Talktalk hub

eddiejm
Whizz Kid
Message 6 of 6

My iphone on iOS 15.1.1 is showing privacy warning (the network is blocking encrypted DNS traffic)

My router is showing WPA2  personal in wifi 2.4ghz the 5ghz is disabled.

If I switch the router off and back on the warning goes for a few days then returns can you help please. The hub speeds are ok

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi eddiejm, we can definitely help you. If you'd be kind enough to post about the loss of service in a new topic in the internet board we'll run the tests and get you the help you need. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

eddiejm
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 6

Since the last post I have had problems with the WiFi continually dropping out. No internet connection. This happens on all device phone iPad tv’s. My router is several years old it seem to be the problem can you help please.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Is your phone searching for WA3 encryption? It seems we've seen this before as our routers don't support WA3 so the phone can't use it and issue the warning. There's no security risk it's just your device trying to be more secure.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

eddiejm
Whizz Kid
Message 4 of 6

Same problem with 5ghz, I was advised by talk talk to disable 5Ghz some time ago as it was causing problems with wifi dropping out as 5ghz is only short range.

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi eddiejm, is your Iphone capable of using 5ghz? If it is then enable 5Ghz and see how that goes for you. 

Ady

0 Likes