cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

TV Box order lost and no new order placed

7 REPLIES
HarryHaller
First Timer

Hi. This is probably the last place I try to get support before asking to cancel my contract.

As part of upgrading my account a TV box was ordered for me. UK mail somehow messed up the address so they didn't deliver it. After contacting UK Mail, they said that only the sender (Talk Talk) can change the address so that they can deliver it.

I called + chat + email Talktalk. For some reason they said they will place a new order. 2 days later, because there was no tracking, I asked on chat if there is a new order placed, and they said there isn't.

So I don't know what I need to do now. I know UK mail doesn't delive the box because they don't have the right address. Ther eis no tracking in my account. Whenever I call they tell me they can't do anything.

Is it really so hard to deliver one TV box? 

Community Team

Hi

To be doubly sure, PM your full postal address to me, and I'll place the order and make sure the delivery address matches what you give me.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

HarryHaller
First Timer

I appreciate the fact that community members here respond very quickly. However my issue is still not resolved. After the 3rd attempt from TalkTalk to send me the TV Box on Saturday they delivered...an internet router. Yes, after so many complaints, they still couldn't send the right stuff.

After calling the complaints number again, a person there took all my details again and promissed me that they will call me back on Monday(yesterday). I never got a call back.

For some reason I got a call this morning from Virgin Media, with a really attractive package. I'm not sure how much longer I can wait for Talk Talk to resolve this issue. 

I have a complaint case number opened. But I'm starting to think they just closed it without any resolution.

Community Team

Hi

The complaint is open and the teams are going to arrange another callback time.

The TV order has been cancelled but the system will not allow equipment to be ordered by our teams and this can only be placed by the Operations teams.  Our complaints teams can arrange this.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

HarryHaller
First Timer

I was supposed to receive a call back on Monday. The manager I spoke to from the complaints team even said "I promiss I will call you on Monday". It is now Wednesday, I'm still waiting for that call.

Community Team

Hi

Did they give you the contact details of your complaint manager.

Karl

HarryHaller
First Timer

No they didn't. I just now talked on Chat with an agent telling him about my complaint regarding the deliverey of the TV BOX. He first said he will send another ROUTER to me. Obviously I stopped him from making the same mistake again.

It's all starting to feel like a really bad joke.

He now said he made yet another order with Royal mail. Hopefully this one won't be lost or who knows what else might happen to it. 

I have worked in Customer service for quite a few years, I have to say this is possibly the worse customer service I have ever seen. I know this is not your fault, Karl. And I do appreciate your prompt responses here. 

Community Team

Hi

I've just checked your account and can see that a fulfillment request has been raised for a TV box, so the order has been placed.

Thanks

Karl.