TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to Catch-up or on demand

CindyW
Popular Poster
Message 22 of 22

For some time now I have been unable to access Catch-up or On Demand, despite having been able to do so previously. I have checked that my TV box is linked to my router and switched both off and on again, but there still appears to be no internet access to the TV box. I don't know what else to do now. Please help! 

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Message 1 of 22

Hi Cindy, 

To remove any part of a package, give our customer loyalty teams a call on 03451720046 or 03451725157 and they can help with this.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 2 of 22

Are you subscribed to any TV Boosts? Otherwise, if you are not using any of the TalkTalk services directly you do not have to pay the monthly £4 fee.

0 Likes

CindyW
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 22

So why am I paying for TalkTalk TV when I can't record anything? Can my monthly charge now be reduced? And if I purchase a recording box elsewhere, would I have to use it in conjunction with the lite box or as a stand alone?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 22

Hi

TalkTalk made the decision to discontinue the Plus (recording) box at the start of the year.

We can now only supply the Lite box.

Customers may be able to purchase their own recording box from many of the popular online retailers.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

CindyW
Popular Poster
Message 5 of 22

So are you saying that I will no longer be able to record programmes? I do this all the time and it is one of the reasons I signed up with TalkTalk. Had I known this I would not have returned my TV Plus box as being able to record was far more important to me than anything else. Is there nothing you can do? The website is still showing the TV Plus box - why, if it is no longer available?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 22

Hi

TalkTalk stopped providing a recording box at the beginning of the year, and now only provide the Lite Box.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

CindyW
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 22

Hi Karl,

Well, I spoke too soon! I can now get catch-up and add things to the watch list, but what I can no longer do is record programmes, which I tend to do a lot. It seems that I have been sent just the TV box, rather than the TV PLUS  box that I had previously. Can you please arrange for the correct one to be sent as soon as possible? Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 22

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

CindyW
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 22

Hi Karl,

Yes, it was obviously the TV box that was the problem as I have installed the new one and now everything is working fine. Thanks for all your help.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 22

Hi

i'll get a TV box out to you and see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

CindyW
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 22

The cable goes straight from the router into the back of the tv box, a distance of about 7 feet. I don't think I ever had any powerline adapters.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 22

Hi

I'm showing a set of powerline adapters were supplied in 2019, can I just double check, does the cable go from the back of the router straight to the Tv box or into one of the plug adapters first ?

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

CindyW
Popular Poster
Message 13 of 22

Hi Karl,

I'm sorry to report that despite changing the router and every connection lead, I still can't access catch-up or on demand. What can I do now?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 22

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

CindyW
Popular Poster
Message 15 of 22

Okay, thanks. Fingers crossed!

0 Likes

Message 16 of 22

Hi

I've a new router on the way so we can see if that has failed.

The on demand players not working will have nothing to do with your TV Package.

Karl

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

CindyW
Popular Poster
Message 17 of 22

Hi Karl,

Today a friend has connected a brand new ethernet cable and re-set everything for me, but still no joy I'm afraid. Could there be a problem with the TV box or the router? The problem could well have begun when I cancelled the paid-for TV package add-ons a few months ago.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 22

Hi

I'm not showing any devices connected to the router currently, can you try a different ethernet cable from the TV box to the router, and try another port on the back of the router.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

CindyW
Popular Poster
Message 19 of 22

Hi Karl, The TV box is linked to the router with a cable. I've checked the connections and they seem to be okay, but...

0 Likes

Bassnivek65
First Timer
Message 20 of 22

I have exactly the same they are sending me a new tv box but I can’t see that this is the problem as I have sporadic internet connection since changing to fibre 65 and the tv is not lit up at all in router. 

0 Likes