TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on which TV box to keep / return

tbsb33
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 6

Good Afternoon ,

I was sent a new DN360T TV box to replace my old original DN370T and was told I could keep the old unit and was then asked via an email  if I needed any other equipment, ie. remote and cable, to which I selected the yes button. There was no confirmation of this having been sent or received. Nothing arrived so I waited until after the Christmas period and when it still hadn't arrived I decided to call Talktalk. I explained the position to a very helpful lady at the call centre who told me that she could not just send a remote on it's own but would need to send another TV box which would have a remote with it and I could return the one I had received. She asked me if my box was able to record and I said yes my old original box was able to record. She said I would receive a new recordable box and remote. She also confirmed that as this was part of my package there would be no charge for this or any equipment I had received.

A day or so later a package containing a remote and a cable arrived. I think this must be the one I had requested via email.

Then a day or two after this I received another TV box. This was a DN372T recordable box but minus a remote !

I do not subscribe to Talktalk TV anymore and do not want to keep anything that I am likely to be charged for and only accepted the first box as I was told my old unit would not update going forward.

My other concern is that the return bag  which was sent says for old equipment to be recycled and I am not sure if useable to return new units.

I wonder if someone could advise me the best thing to do ?

Thank you            Tim

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

tbsb33
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 6

Hi Karl,

Thats great.

Thanks again for your help

Rgds  Tim

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi

Correct.  The Remotes also work with all box models.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

tbsb33
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 6

Hi Karl

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Just to confirm:

I can keep the new DN372T recordable box together with the new remote which arrived separately.

I presume the new remote will work with DN372T, it has a blue Menu button and a grey More tv button ?

The new & unused DN360T can then be returned using the returns bag.

Regards  Tim

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi

You can choose which box to return in the returns bag.  The serial number of the equipment is linked to your account and out logistics teams can process the return correctly.

Thanks  

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes