TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alibi On Demand Problem (?)

wmckie20
Popular Poster
Message 1 of 8

Hello,

Can you help please? I there a problem with the On Demand service for the Alibi channel?

There are two new TV series that we watch (Murdoch Mysteries Series 14 and Frankie Drake Mysteries Series 4) we can record them ok but can't access these new series via the "More TV" menu option. The previous series are there, also if we use the search facility to find either of these series it doesn't pick up the the new ones as available on demand.

Has this facility been withdrawn?

Thanks

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 8

Hi

The selection of on demand content are chosen by the broadcaster, so we have little control over that programs are offered.  

Are you talking an about the program being unavailable specifically on demand or do you mean you have recorded episodes and they are not playing back.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi Karl,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Recorded episodes play fine but as you already know sometimes the recording ends before the actual program so its good to have the on demand option if that happens.

Do you think it would be productive if I contacted UKTV about this?

Walter

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi

You could try.  Some episodes if they are to be repeated at a later day / time may not be available until any scheduled re-plays have completed so check the TV guide to see if the episode is to be shown again.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi Karl,

Thanks for the tip, at the moment I'm scheduling recordings of all the repeat showings of affected programs. I've sent a query to UKTV-Alibi via their "Contact Us" page but I'm not holding my breath for a reply 🙁.

If I do get a reply I'll pass it on.

Thanks

Walter

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 7 of 8

Hello again @Karl-TalkTalk 

I've had a reply from UKTV-Alibi, this is what they say:-

"Dear Viewer,
Thank you for your email.
As part of TalkTalk’s phase out of TV Boosts (they have stopped selling them as announced here: https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/TV-Boosts-Guide/ta-p/2204379 ) they are now, unfortunately, offering only a reduced selection of on demand programming for our channels of what might otherwise be available.  Catch Up for the series that the you mentions is available via Sky, Virgin Media and BT.
Kind regards
Jon
The UKTV Team"
So they say the "On Demand" content from Alibi has been terminated by yourselves, can whoever made that decision be persuaded to change their mind?

Walter

Message 8 of 8

Hi

We have stopped selling the Boost channels, but the on demand App is something that is solely controlled by alibi.  We have control over some on demand content in More TV, but have no control over any of the Apps themselves.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes