TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon prime video error

nolimitzz
Whizz Kid
Message 11 of 11

Hi since August Amazon prime video does not work on my TV box which was even replaced. All other apps like Netflix and iPlayer work. I've done resets ect but still the same. If I'm in browsing mode Amazon prime will let me browse videos but as soon as I log in I get the message " error 1066'  we cannot connect you to prime video plz try again later. This didn't bother me as I had a Roku box as backup but I don't have Roku anymore.

Prime video tell me talktalk should deal with this as it's their issue

Browsing is fine but error when logging in

Plz help as it's frustrating

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi

OK, I'll ship this out now.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

nolimitzz
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 11

Yes please I'll give it a try

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi

the only box we now supply is the DN360T.  You want me to send this ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

nolimitzz
Whizz Kid
Message 4 of 11

Hi Karl is there any other model of tv box to try apart from the dn360t ?? If yes plz can you send me a replacement if not then maybe this box just has a currupt amazon app I'm not sure but yes plz send out a replacement box and upon receipt I'll send this one that I'm currently using back

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi

I've a DN360T box at home and this is working fine with my Amazon account.

If still failing, I can swap out the TV box for you to see if this helps, but if this fails on the second box, then it would suggest it it account related.

Would you like me to send a replacement box ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

nolimitzz
Whizz Kid
Message 6 of 11

Is a maintenance reset the same as a factory reset ?? 

Also can you confirm you've tested your account using the same box that I have I think it's a dn360t

My account is fine as I can log into prime video using my phone and I've tested my account on a friend's virgin tv box which has the prime app and it worked fine on my roku

On this box however I get error and it won't automatically log me when I register my account to the tv box

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

Hi

If there is an issue with the installation of the app, then Can you try a Youview Maintenance Reset  will download and install the app again, but if the error continues it can only be an issue with your amazon account as testing my own account is working and others have confirmed their accounts are working correctly.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

nolimitzz
Whizz Kid
Message 8 of 11

Hi I have tried all that I can see the sign in page and I can link my box to my account but when I input the code to link the page should auto refresh with me logged in but instead I get an error 1066 and it says can't connect to Amazon plz try later

However when In unlink my account and click on browse only without logging in I can view the site but obviously not play videos as not logged in

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 11

Hi nolimitzz

Try the solution from fre55die and see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

fre55die
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

I've Googled it and on the BT page this is on there, as the BT box is also YV based these solutions may work. : https://www.bt.com/help/tv/my-bt-tv-box-has-stopped-working-or-keeps-freezing.

AND :

https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/7605219/accessing-prime-video-app-on-youview-sign-i...

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" from the 3 dot dropdown menu in the bottom right of this post so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives. If you like the answer please feel free to click the "Like Button"
0 Likes