TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are my Power line adaptors faulty?

Annieb3777
Chatterbox
Message 17 of 17

We have a talktalk TV box. We use power line adaptors to link to the internet with an Ethernet cable into the router. The lights on the adaptors go off and we keep getting an error message - either YVM102 or YVM104. I have tried

• rebooting the box
  • rebooting the router
  • doing a factory reset on the box
  • moving the adaptors to ensure they are not in extension leads.
  • Using a different Ethernet port on the router

when the lights go off, if I turn the adaptor off and on again it will sometimes come back on. I have tapped the adaptor and that can also make it work!! Is there anything else I can do? It feels like the adaptors are failing (we’ve had them a while) - could this happen and if so can we have new ones??

Advice welcome

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi

If you start your own thread (new message), wed love to help.

Weve found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

Its easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Appletrees
First Timer
Message 2 of 17

Hi Karl 

I have the same problem as Annie and I have been thinking about cancelling talktalk tv as I cant use it. I have D-link adaptors and 1 of them isn't working, no lights go on. I got them originally from Talk talk many years ago. Would you be able to send me another set to try out, please. 

Thanks

0 Likes

Appletrees
First Timer
Message 3 of 17

Hi Karl 

Ive read this post with interest. One of my D-link adaptors isn't working and I was going to cancel talktalk tv as I cant use it. . Would you be able to send me some adaptors to try out. I got them originally from Talk talk many years ago.

Thanks 

Jean

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Morning,

Thanks for the update and please let us know if you need any assistance 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Annieb3777
Chatterbox
Message 5 of 17

Hi @Karl-TalkTalk - our new power line adaptors have arrived and 24 hours later are still working so hopefully that has solved the issue. Thank you for your help! 

Message 6 of 17
0 Likes

Annieb3777
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 17

Thank you so much @Karl-TalkTalk . I’ll let you know if it works!

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Hi

I'll get a set of adapters out to you and see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Annieb3777
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 17

@Karl-TalkTalk the issue is no longer resolved. The power line adaptors do not stay on so the tv box is not connected to the internet. We either get the message YVM102 or YVM104. The only thing that seems to work is to turn them off and on again and then give the adaptor a sharp tap!! This is obviously not ideal! Given that we have now tried everything could it be that the power line adaptors need replacing??

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Hi Annieb3777

Glad it's working for now, if you need us, you know where we are 🙂

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 11 of 17

Thats good news.  🤞

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" from the 3 dot dropdown menu in the bottom right of this post so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives. If you like the answer please feel free to click the "Like Button"

Annieb3777
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 17

@fre55die @Thank you for the advice - I did this last night and so far it seems to have done the trick! Fingers crossed it stays that way! 🤞🤞🤞

@Michelle-TalkTalk at the moment pairing seems to have sorted this but I will come back if this changes

Message 13 of 17
0 Likes

Annieb3777
Chatterbox
Message 14 of 17

@fre55die Thank you - I’ll give that a try

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 15 of 17

Hi Annieb3777

Can you please add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' so I can pick this up for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

fre55die
Community Star
Message 16 of 17

Hi @Annieb3777  Have you tried the steps recommended in this : https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Fix-a-problem-with-your-Network-Connectors/ta-p/2284111

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" from the 3 dot dropdown menu in the bottom right of this post so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives. If you like the answer please feel free to click the "Like Button"
0 Likes