TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

As TakTalk Plus box not available can I use a different recorder to record from standard box?

Eunice3
First Timer
Message 2 of 2

I understand I can't upgrade my box from standard TalkTalk YouView Freeview box to Talk Talk Plus box to enable me to record and playback programmes - so need to know if I buy a recorder will the purchased new one be OK and work with the  box I have?

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 2

Hi

Many customers do use their own boxes and you can purchase a recordable box from many online retailers.d not recommend a specific model, but any freeview box that can also use apps such as Iplayer, Now TV etc would be fine.

TV boosts will be discontinued at some point, and we will focus more on streaming services so any box you use should be able to use apps such as amazon, netflix or now etc.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes