TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport

Derek-s
Conversation Starter
Message 30 of 30

I had an email today from TT saying they were no longer broadcasting BT Sport, and that they would stop taking payment for it. The thing is, I pay BT direct for the sport channels so I’m puzzled! Does this mean it will no longer appear on my channels? 

29 REPLIES 29

ferguson
Community Star
Message 1 of 30

@Craigend As I posted on your own topic there are a variety of alternatives, it really does depend on what facilities you want though, specifically recording capabilities. 

0 Likes

Derek-s
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 30

I am doing just that - tbh I’m really fed up with TT anyway, I only went with them because Virgin don’t cover the area I moved to a while ago, I’d have stayed with them otherwise. It’s only a mile and a half from where I used to live too, well annoying 😡

0 Likes

Craigend
First Timer
Message 3 of 30

Posted something along same lines. Assuming will have to have BT Sport via an app but that will not work on my tv. Looking for solutions.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 4 of 30

Cool, I wish you well. 

0 Likes

Derek-s
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 30

I am doing. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 30

Sorry, I didn't mean it like that! Personally, I don't find the need to record live sport as there is always catch up available soon afterwards in the event that you want to watch something again. But if your preferences are otherwise then you may indeed need to look elsewhere for your overall service.

0 Likes

Derek-s
Conversation Starter
Message 7 of 30

Ah that’s all right then! 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 8 of 30

Then that is a feature that will be lost I'm afraid. Personally, as I only use BT Sport to watch, um, live sport it is not something that concerns me. 

0 Likes

Derek-s
Conversation Starter
Message 9 of 30

Yes, the only channels I can’t record are Sky Sports, as they are on the Now app. BT is fine for recording. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 10 of 30

Can you record from BT Sport on TalkTalk?

0 Likes

Derek-s
Conversation Starter
Message 11 of 30

Yes, to the benefit of the company, not the customer. On demand is a very inferior product, not everything goes to it, there can be a delay of 24 hours before programmes appear, and even after all that they disappear after 7 days. Can somebody explain to me what the advantage is of that over the good old fashioned recording box? I know none of this is your fault, but it frustrates me enormously when I pay for a service that is being constantly reduced, but prices never go down. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 30

Hi

As more and more content is now delivered via streaming services, many providers are focusing on delivering streaming content online, with the availability of on demand content growing, this reduces the requirement to record content and many providers now focus more towards on demand services.

Thanks  

Karl.  

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Derek-s
Conversation Starter
Message 13 of 30

Is this supposed to be progress? TT prices rise continually and the service reduces at the same rate! What is the benefit of messing about with usb sticks, roku sticks etc, when I have a set top box that can do all my recording? 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 30

Hi

You can record freeview content by connecting a compatible USB stick, but cannot record from the apps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Derek-s
Conversation Starter
Message 15 of 30

Can you record on the 4k box? When my original box packed up last year, the replacement I was sent didn’t record so I had to buy one from Amazon. 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 30

Hi

There is a BT sport App available via the TalkTalk 4K TV box however a lot of providers are removing the BT sport channel from their available boost channels.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 17 of 30

I am a TalkTalk broadband customer and I don't have TalkTalk TV. But I have BT Sport which I can access via various apps, including a Roku stick which means I can watch it on my main TV. Or I can cast to Chromecast. Or watch on my iPad. All of which means I do not have to pay overblown BT prices. 

0 Likes

Derek-s
Conversation Starter
Message 18 of 30

Ok, let’s see what the support team say when they come back to you. There’s no rush, the email

gives 30 June as the cutoff date. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 19 of 30

@Derek-s You definitely do not need to move to BT to get BT Sport. Please rest assured on that point. 

0 Likes

Derek-s
Conversation Starter
Message 20 of 30

I’ve looked on the bt site and you can watch sport either through a set top box or through the monthly pass. I’ll have a proper look tomorrow and then see about moving to bt. 

0 Likes