TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT Sport

Derek-s
Conversation Starter
Message 30 of 30

I had an email today from TT saying they were no longer broadcasting BT Sport, and that they would stop taking payment for it. The thing is, I pay BT direct for the sport channels so I’m puzzled! Does this mean it will no longer appear on my channels? 

29 REPLIES 29

ferguson
Community Star
Message 21 of 30

@Gondola TalkTalk also offered a 12 month subscription option. It was a hybrid offer. I did say earlier let's wait for the support team to advise further. 

0 Likes

Message 22 of 30

Look at the small print FAQ on the BT Sport Monthly Pass website. You cannot watch BT Sport Monthly Pass via a BT Set Top Box either.

The Monthly Pass is just another offering from BT Sport isn't it? 

The key question is whether the current viewing of BT Sport via TV set top boxes is impacted. We'll need a definitive answer from TalkTalk. And whether the BT Sport app that's available on the TalkTalk 4K TV Box is impacted.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2022

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 23 of 30

You will be able to continue watching BT Sport,  just not via TalkTalk TV it seems.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 24 of 30

So it does like TalkTalk are withdrawing as a partner with BT Sport. Or have simply been pushed out. 

0 Likes

Derek-s
Conversation Starter
Message 25 of 30

Oh great. So I won’t be able to watch bt any more. I’ll have to leave TT and go to BT, most of the things I enjoy watching most are on bt and now I won’t be able to access them. Thank you for your help. 

0 Likes

Message 26 of 30

Have a look at the BT Sport Monthly Pass website. I think it explains more.

The monthly pass lets you watch BT Sport through the BT app and web player on compatible devices.

You can't use the BT Sport Monthly Pass to watch BT Sport through a set-top box from Sky, Virgin or any other TV provider.

0 Likes

Derek-s
Conversation Starter
Message 27 of 30

Yes my apologies, the email is from BT, not TT. It says TT are reducing the number of channels and so will be removing bt from its service. It mentions a monthly pass, which I guess will be like the Now tv app for sky. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 28 of 30

That does sound confusing. As far as I am aware BT Sport subscriptions were always paid directly to BT. It sounds like they are no longer going to supply the service via TalkTalk TV boxes?  The support team will advise further when they pick this up. 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 29 of 30

Hi Derek-s 

Are you sure the email is genuine? You're always billed separately by BT. You'd access your bill by signing into the BT website.

We've not had any heads up about BT Sport on TalkTalk ceasing.  BT Sport on TalkTalk.

0 Likes