TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BT

Derek-s
Team Player
Message 26 of 26

once again my box is not allowing me to watch my BT channels, just says “unavailable “ and tells me I need to set them up. It’s done this before, along with constantly freezing etc. I’ve tried unplugging from broadband, restarting, retuning, just as my wits end. I’m reluctant to contact TT as they will have no idea and I know they will say it’s a BT fault. 
just fed up with being made a fool of by TT, they are hopeless 

25 REPLIES 25

Message 1 of 26

Hi

BT sports will not be removed as that is provided directly from BT, but all Boosts provided by TalkTalk will come to an end.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Derek-s
Team Player
Message 2 of 26

So TT are removing bt as well now? In that case there’s no point me buying a box, I’ll cancel

my contract and go elsewhere. I don’t understand what they are playing at, they are systematically reducing what’s on offer, do they want to stay in business? 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 26

Hi

It would have to be a youview box to get TalkTalk services or have access to boosts. however Boosts will soon be coming to an end so you will not be able to record these anyway as they will be removed.

You would be able to record freeview with any freeview capable recorder.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Derek-s
Team Player
Message 4 of 26

My new box has arrived and as mentioned it doesn’t record. So if I buy a recording box, will it just plug in and receive/record my TT channels such as BT Sport? All the ones I’ve looked at have Freeview but are very vague about subscription channels. Does it have to be a Youview box? 

0 Likes

Derek-s
Team Player
Message 5 of 26

I will be doing thank you. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 26

Hi

If you would like to cancel, please give our customer loyalty teams a call and they can go through the options with you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Derek-s
Team Player
Message 7 of 26

So I’m going to have to buy a box now. There’s no point you sending me one then. So I’m even more out of pocket! TT keep increasing prices and reducing the service, it’s a disgrace. I don’t know how they get away with it - the broadband is appalling and now I’m having to buy my own box to replace one that TT should supply. I need to know when my contract ends, I’ve had enough. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 26

Hi

TalkTalk stopped supplying the recording box at the start of the year, we now only supply the Lite Box.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Derek-s
Team Player
Message 9 of 26

I seem to remember reading somewhere that TT are no longer supplying boxes that record. Will this new box record? I record a lot of things to watch later

0 Likes

Message 10 of 26

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Derek-s
Team Player
Message 11 of 26

Thank you Karl. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 26

Hi

OK, it's on the way.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Derek-s
Team Player
Message 13 of 26

If that’s the only option left then yes please. 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 26

Hi

I'm still unable to connect to the TV box and this is not contacting the server.  Would you like to try a replacement box ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Derek-s
Team Player
Message 15 of 26

I’m going out shortly, if there’s anything else I can try please message me and I’ll try it when I get home, thank you. 

0 Likes

Derek-s
Team Player
Message 16 of 26

Done that. Can access iPlayer and play

content. Still no subscription channels though, only difference is I’ve now lost all the links off my Watch List. 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 26

Hi

Reboot the router and TV box, then check the box can load Iplayer and play content. 

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Derek-s
Team Player
Message 18 of 26

Done that, made no difference. I was going to retune the channels but now there isn’t even the settings icon in Menu. 

0 Likes

Message 19 of 26

Hi

Last connection log I can see was from the 23rd. 

If there are no logs, the box will not get the guide updated.

Can you try a manual software update of the box.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Derek-s
Team Player
Message 20 of 26

Just by the normal cable that it was first set up with. It must be connected as I’m able to watch sky sports through the Now tv app. 

0 Likes