TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boost Channels not working after BB upgrade

petec1966
Participant
Message 1 of 19

Good Morning, yesterday I upgraded my BB to Faster 150 Fibre, all appeared well. After popping out in the evening I returned to my wife saying that Sky One wasn't working ... I double checked a few channels. It would appear none of my Boost channels (including BT Sport) are working ... the gist is "There is a problem with your broadband ..." and ends with IPC6023. I have checked all cables, restarted box & router. still no joy. The only thing different from previous is a little white box that was installed that sits between phone point and router.

Any help graciously received.

Thank you

Pete

Pete
0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Karl-TalkTalk
Community Team - TT Staff
Message 2 of 19

Hi Pete,

All settings look ok this end, I've checked that the TV system is pointing to the correct network ID and the TV boxes are showing as registered.  Multicast is also showing enabled across all systems.

First thing to try, turn off openreach modem and TT router for 30 minutes to clear the session then retest.

If still failing then next option is for a multicast engineer to verify IGMP joins seen and the virtual circuit ID on their (openreach) side matches the one on our side.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19
I'll give that a try now ... quick 30 min tea break where I don't need BB; WFH don't help. Cheers
Pete
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Message 4 of 19

No Problem 🙂

Let me know as soon as you've retested.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 19

I have just rebooted both the OR modem & Router. Same result I'm afraid, boost channels not working

Pete
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Message 6 of 19

Hi

Multicast engineer booked to verify exchange settings are correct.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 7 of 19
Thanks @Karl-TalkTalk.

Out of curiosity, is there a known time/date?
Pete
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Message 8 of 19

Hi

Usually a multicast engineer reports back within 24hrs.  I've also another model router on the way to you so this can be tested.  If the multicast engineer verifies all settings are correct and multicast traffic can be seen across our cable link, then we can confirm the fault exists with the other router and escalate to our NOC teams.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 9 of 19
Thanks for your help today
Pete

Karl-TalkTalk
Message 10 of 19

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

Message 11 of 19
Morning. I got the replacement router this morning. Have installed. Checked all the wiring. Turned off router, OR modem & TV box, left for 10 minutes, then turned all back on.
Still the boost channels are not working.

What next?
Thank you
Pete
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Message 12 of 19

Hi Pete

The multicast booking is still open with openreach, they have not updated us as yet.  I've emailed our SMC to ask they chase this up with Openreach to see why this has not progressed.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 13 of 19
Good afternoon, Is there any update on this. Boost channels still not working. Thank you
Pete
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Message 14 of 19

Hi

Openreach have escalated this internally and asked us to contact them for the next update on 20th.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 15 of 19
OK, Thank you.
Pete

Message 16 of 19

Good evening. I have just returned from a week away, rebooted the new router and the OR modem. Still no boost channels playing.

Any updates from OR?

Thank you

Pete
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Message 17 of 19

Hi Pete,

The issue is with our NOC teams currently, they have found a discrepancy in the config, so possibly a provisioning issue.  For some reason the system has you on a horizontal config rather than multicast.  It's as though the system is saying that multicast is not available to you, although your account is fully set up as multicast, so from an account side all is correct.  

NOC are still investigating.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 18 of 19
Cheers Karl.
I'm now dealing direct with them via Teams.
Pete
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Message 19 of 19

Hi

OK, I'll drop you an email also.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes