Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Boost channels not working

4 REPLIES 4
Zozoz
Sightseer

Our kids boost channels have had issues and been unavailable for the last few weeks. They come in/connect okay then freeze after about a minute? We then get the 6023 error code saying it's due to broadband connection issue. I've followed instructions (including advice in here) and checked connections, restarted the router and the youveiw box numerous times but it's had no effect. The broadband seems to be functional in every other respect, I just can't get the channels I'm paying for!

fre55die
Community Star

Hi @Zozoz 

How is the box connected to the router, is it directly by lead or via Power Line Adapters ?

VERY IMPORTANT FOR SUPPORT !!!!!!
Could you please ensure that your personal information is up to date in your profile INCLUDING your registered landline number.
Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info.
This is purely so that the OCE's can tie up your details and trace your account as this is not possible from just your screen name. You will not be contacted by phone.

If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.
Thank you

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that OCE's or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
Zozoz
Sightseer
Hi
Thanks for responding. The router is connected directly by cable to the box , they are less than a metre apart. Had this boost for more than 6 years, although we've had the service fail a few times over the years. As I said it is finding the channels, but then freezing after about 60 secs. Restarting router/box is not helping. My landline number is showing on my details now? Thanks
OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

i'll swap out the router and see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Zozoz
Sightseer
Hi Karl,
I've set up the new router and restarted everything, no change I'm afraid. Still getting same error message and the frustrating thing is it's still connecting and playing the channels for about 60 seconds so it obviously can connect! Not having any problems with the broadband on anything else. I'm thinking this may be a talktalk problem. ☹️