TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling TalkTalk TV

Deanoholden
Team Player
Message 10 of 10

Hi,

We haven't used a TalkTalk TV boost in over a year, or the app. We occasionally record the odd TV show (which I understand remains without paying the TalkTalk TV monthly fee), but most other viewing is done on apps on my Fire TV stick.

So can I remove the TalkTalk TV subscription from the website, or do I need to speak to someone about that? Secondly, looking at my bill I'm currently on a broadband discount - does removing the TV service affect the discount and would there be some sort of cancellation fee?

Thanks in advance!

Deano
9 REPLIES 9

Deanoholden
Team Player
Message 1 of 10

Apologies @neilk1 . I missed that in your earlier post......."must pay attention" is now on my report card 🙂

Deano

neilk1
Message 2 of 10

In my case the box has indeed failed.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi

In this case their box may have failed or developed a fault.  Removing the TV part of your package does not stop the box from working 🙂

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

That's interesting. What will make the box 'dead'? On other replies from TalkTalk on the forum, removing the TV sub doesn't stop Freeview or recording facilities from working, just the ability to add/remove TV boosts and removes access on the mobile app.

Can anyone confirm?

Deano
0 Likes

neilk1
Message 5 of 10

Hi @ferguson Thanks for your advice.

I called the number, got through to customer service and the TV sub has been removed.

They are sending me labels to allow me to return the dead settop box.

Thanks again

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 10

@neilk1 Please follow the advice posted by @Gliwmaeden2 earlier. 

neilk1
Message 7 of 10

Thanks for that; I have a similar problem in that my settop box no longer works and I don't actually need it anymore. I would like to cancel my TalkTalk TV subscription.

0 Likes

Deanoholden
Team Player
Message 8 of 10

Thankyou @Gliwmaeden2 

Deano

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

@Deanoholden, you can't remove it yourself from My Account,  you need to phone:

03451 720046

There should not be any consequences for your ongoing contract, but you could get them to confirm that on the phone call for the record. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.