TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change channel on set top box when recording and recordings fail

Ric17
Chatterbox
Message 8 of 8

Hello.

My box is having problems when recording programmes,  I am unable to change channels and the box does not record the program. I have tried removing power supply to reset and doing a factory reset but the problem returns as soon as I try to record a programme. Any further ideas or does the box require changing?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi

The box is now on the way.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Ric17
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 8

HI Karl,

I have updated my Community profile.

Thank you.

Ric.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi,

Can you add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' so I can locate your account, and I'll order the box for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Ric17
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 8

Hi Karl,

Okay, thank you for your reply.

Please can you send me a Lite box?

Thank you,

Ric.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Hi

We no longer provide a recording box. You may be able to purchase your own box from many online retailers, but this is something we are unable to supply at the moment.

Our Teams are looking at options for other boxes for the future and we hope to be able to share more news later this year.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Ric17
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 8

Hello Karl,

Thank you for you reply.

I am disappointed to hear that you no longer provide a recording TV box. We use the recording facility a lot as not all programs are available on Catch Up and it's way more convenient to access recordings that to use Catch Up services. 

Please can you tell me if there is any way I can get a recording TV box?

Thank you.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 8

Hi

We can issue a new box however TalkTalk no longer provide a recording box. This stopped at the beginning of the year.

Would you like me to send the Lite Box ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes