TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot record tv

Katgyal
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

I am new to talk talk, when I joined I told the advisor I wanted to purchase tv and broadband for my home and my mother's. 

I explained we wanted to pause, play and record tv. He told me the best option and cost and I agreed. 

We are now set up but we cannot record on the box, it says cannot record as not on demand but I am trying to record live TV.

I have done a factory reset and still nothing.

Please can someone help me.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

Hi Katgyal

TalkTalk stopped providing a recording box at the beginning if the year and now only provide the Lite Box.

This can pause live TV etc, but cannot record content.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 4

For some reason this thread hadn't escalated into the workflow for staff attention. I'll do this for you manually, @Katgyal. Please follow @fr8ys's instructions for completing your details, as this means that staff will be able to identify your account straight away when they reach your thread. 

Please look out for their reply during the day. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Not sure you would have been told you could record as TalkTalk no longer provide recordable boxes and have not since the turn of the year.

You are though in the support team's queue for a response.
For a quicker reply can you please ensure you have your personal information up to date in your profile including your TalkTalk landline phone number so your account can be traced. Link here - https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:personal-info
If you are unsure of your phone number, you can find this in My Account or dial 17070 from your landline phone and this will confirm the number for you.
Thank you

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes