TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 24 of 24

We want your service to be as good as it can be and we’re always working to make it better. So we’ve invested even more in our unlimited broadband network; launched our best router yet, the TalkTalk Wi‑Fi Hub; helped our customers avoid scam calls with CallSafe; teamed up with O2 to launch great new mobile deals; and won Best Broadband, TV and Home Phone Provider in the 2018 uSwitch Awards. In order to keep doing this, we sometimes need to increase prices.

Recent email received. TalkTalk attempting to pacify me? 

Justifying an increase by telling me about the new router does nothing for me as I cannot get it without paying for it!, luckily I had a chat with loyalty last month and secured half price discounts on the boosts. 

Can an “OCE” please confirm these discounts will remain in place after the increase? 

Secondly whilst TalkTalk are investing so much into the infrastructure it is laughable that they can still not support multiroom and is still being trialled. 

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 1 of 24

So the engineer arrived yesterday. Fitted the equipment the 2 boxes would not run the TV boosts together. The engineer left. The TV provisions team advises the boost was stuck. 

The only remedy is to re-create the order and send another technician for the new order close correctly. 

In in the hands of the CEO team. Complete waste of my time. 

Embarrassing for TalkTalk 😡😡

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 24

The CEO's Team could change the appointment BUT 3 chat agents and 2 call centre agents could not. 

A big change is required with TalkTalk. Every attempt of basic support is beyond the off shore agents grasp.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 24

Hi

I can see this is with the CEO teams.

You will not be subject to a missed appointment fee as it is noted on your account that you contacted us to re-schedule.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 24

In the meantime I could be subject to a missed appointment fee. I have escalated this myself to CEO. I have had enough of TalkTalk now. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 24

Hi

Notes on the account show that the agent has attempted to update the appointment but is getting a system error,  This has been escalated by the agent but I'm unable to confirm the appointment change at this time.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 24

@Karl-TalkTalk Please confirm the appointment has been changed to Monday 18th. 

An hour spent on the phone to change it and 3 seperate char advisors. 

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 24

35 minutes now talking to the same advisor 

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 24

something has come up and I have been attempting to change the appointment for the past 30 mins with 3 different agents and none of them appear to know how to change an appointment. 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 24

Cool, let us know how it goes.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 24

@ferguson I would not had got back in touch with them if you had not sent me the link. So thanks

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 11 of 24

@Karl-TalkTalk @ferguson

Got through to loyalty. Seemed to know what he was talking about. Engineer coming Friday and sending me the new WiFi hub - never had to ask for that. 

Thanks both. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 24

As I said the process is tightly controlled at the moment, I can only imagine because of the technical challenges that TalkTalk are insisting on it being this way at present.

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 13 of 24

They also want me to use TalkTalk only power line adaptors.... other priced too. This is crazy mate. 

0 Likes

Message 14 of 24

You won't be able to use a second box which you sourced yourself, you need to order one directly from TalkTalk as part of the setup process.

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 15 of 24

Never have been able to use it as multiroom. The system detects it’s another box on the account so boost channels don’t work on the second box. 

0 Likes

Message 16 of 24

Hi jondavo

Multiroom is available to all (fibre > 20mb) from 30th May. If you want to give a call to request this, I've added a note to your account advising this and also providing a link to the article in the agents knowledge system to make them aware.  Any issues, tell the agent to read my note on your account.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 17 of 24

Ah, OK, so you mean you have discovered that you cannot use your existing setup as multiroom? I think it is quite controlled at the moment. 

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 18 of 24

Found the problem. I purchased an additional box from eBay when I first come to TalkTalk so I could have catchup players in another room.

I will awaits further assistance. Wanting to sell me another box and home adaptors. 

I aint paying for adaptors... reluctant to pay for another box but needs must

0 Likes

Message 19 of 24

OK, I'll move this to the TalkTalk TV section and ask the OCE to have a look. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 20 of 24

Faster Fibre speeds in excessive of 74 mbps 

0 Likes