TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complaint Re: TV Service

Birchcroft
Philosopher
Message 12 of 12

Following a recommendation from @Karl-TalkTalk in another of my threads I made an official complaint, on the 22nd Jan via email, regarding the TV Service [Incident: 190122-002352]. The "How do I make a Complaint?"  page states: You can email your complaint to concerns@talktalkplc.com and we'll try to reply within 72 hours and the Customer Complaints Code states: We aim to respond to complaints within 10 working days; however, this may not always be possible depending on the nature of your complaint. We’ll let you know if this is the case. However, other than an automated reply saying they would make every effort to reply within 24hrs I have heard absolutely nothing despite sending a number of emails requesting an update as to the progress of my complaint.

So having been given three different time frames for a response, although understandably not necesserarily a resolution, I have not heard anything regarding the complaint or what TaltTalk are doing about it.  Could an OCE therefore please chase it up and arrange that I get some feedback.

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi

As you can see, since the announcement by Youview, nothing has changed, nor will it.  You can raise a complaint, you can make a complaint direct to Youview, as it is their software, but the situation will not change.  The box will remain branded with TT or BT branding, depending on the service it is connecting from. 

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

@ferguson my previous ISP was Plusnet, a BT subsidiary.

@Karl-TalkTalk I've tried Youview support and their site just redirected me to TalkTalk for support.

Regarding the announcement you directed me to it seemed to generate a bit of discussion ending with:

Roy said:
In all the kerfuffle, I forgot to say simply:- 

I don't want the BT branding on my retail YouView box just because BT is my ISP. 

The mechanism by which this is determined solely by IP address is flawed, and whether or not I am subscribed to BT TV should be a consideration here.

A statement with which I totally agree.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi

This is also confirmed by the Youview announcement on their forum.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

It is not a TalkTalk "issue," if you were with BT the UI would be similarly changed with their skin. Who was your previous provider?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

@Karl-TalkTalk I haven't tried the Youview forum as I believe it to be a talktalk issue, since my previous broadband provider did not "brand" the box with their TV service.  I will however now take a look at the Youview forum to see if there is anything of interest.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi

The CEO office should contact you again, but as the branding is updated by the youview software, and ultimately youview, based on the line you are connecting from, there is nothing they can do to remove this, this will always be the case.  Have you also tried contacting youview directly to ask the question or posted on the youview forums, as I've found they can be quite helpful.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

@Debbie-TalkTalkHI, the CEO's office contacted me today, but I have to say it was a very disappointing experience.  It would appear that they did not bother to read my complaint before contacting me as they assumed I was complaining about the £4 TV Charge.  Whereas my complaint actually relates to the Hacking/branding of my 3rd Party Youview box.  I now await them reading the complaint and coming back to me with a sensible response.

Message 8 of 12

@Debbie-TalkTalk Thanks.  Hopefully they will perform better than the complaints department.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi Birchcroft

I've now raised this complaint and you will be contacted as soon as possible.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

@Debbie-TalkTalkYes Please

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 12

Hi Birchcroft

Apologies for the delay.

I can raise this complaint over to our CEO's Office and a Complaints Manager would then contact you to discuss this further. Would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes