TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constantly changing channels

Patrick17
Team Player
Message 4 of 4

My recently installed multi room TV box has begun to constantly scroll channels, as though I am holding the channel up button on the remote. 

It started intermittently but is now constant, so it’s unwatchable. I’ve tried factory reset, software reset, taken the batteries out of all the remotes in the house, turned the tv off and unplugged the HDMI, unplugged the aerial cable, all the no avail.

Nothing has changed in my setup since the engineer installed it a couple of weeks ago. The issue began yesterday. Holding in the channel down button on the front of the box stops the issue and everything functions normally then, but I’m not about to glue the button down. 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

Hi

If you start your own thread (new message), wed love to help.

Weve found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

Its easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

I'm having the same issue too! Just noticed it this evening when I tried to use our second multi-room box. I've not used it for about a week but nothing has been altered since the engineer installed a couple of weeks back.  Can you arrange to swap out my box too?

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi

I'll swap out the box for you and see if that resolves.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE