TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crashing on Adverts

djah12
Team Player
Message 11 of 11

My box was freezing, and sometimes crashing, on adverts, especially itv hub. I read a few articles here and followed the advice to do a factory reset. This seemed to resolve the problem for a couple of days but it is now crashing all the time and I've had to stop using it for watching itv on catch-up.

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi

You can return the new box if you prefer.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

djah12
Team Player
Message 2 of 11

The new box worked for about a week, then started freezing on adverts, and is now crashing. I assume they only thing I can do is wait for ITV hub to be updated; it works fine on my laptop.

I haven't sent the old box back yet. As the new one is no better will it be OK to keep the old one, which records, and send the new one back? The other advantage of returning the new one is that I still have the box to put it in which I don't for the old one.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Hi

The ITV hub has had issues across other platforms, so we will have yo see if the new box helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

ITV hub seems to work well on my laptop. Are you saying that the TalkTalk TV box is no longer compatible with ITV? I must admit my current box works well with all the other apps but has been getting progressively more problematic with ITV hub.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi djah12

I'll get a box out to you, but as fre55die mentions, it may not fully resolve the issue.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi @djah12 

The ITV hub app is a bit problematic on many platforms, it often crashes on my TV APP itself. Do you have it on anything else and if so, have you tried on any of those?

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" from the 3 dot dropdown menu in the bottom right of this post so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives. If you like the answer please feel free to click the "Like Button"
0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

The factory reset didn't work. Could you please send a new box.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Morning,

Ok thanks for the update and please let us know how this now compares over the next few days 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 11

Thanks for the reply. Since my original post I've read another thread which suggests doing a factory reset from settings is better than from the plus/minus buttons. I don't know if this is still the case but I've done it anyway. It's working again at the moment. Should I leave it for a few days and see if it starts crashing again?

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 11

Hi

We can issue a replacement box to see if this helps.  TalkTalk no longer provide a recording box and we can only issue the Lite box.  Would you like me to send this ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes