TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crime and investigation channel

mbishop1965
Popular Poster
Message 27 of 27

Does anybody know why I haven't been able to receive the crime and investigation channel for the last two days, I've tried retuning my channels but still nothing 

Martin Bishop
0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26

Message 1 of 27

Hi @mbishop1965

I've sent you a PM.

Karl,

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 27
All the movie channels and sports channels work except sky sports news
Martin Bishop
0 Likes

Message 3 of 27

Hi

Can you just check one of the movie channels and sky sports 1 and tell me if this plays ok ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 27
It is actually two channels sky sports news and the crime and investigation channel but as far as I know they are the only channels affected
Martin Bishop
0 Likes

Message 5 of 27

Hi

And is it still only the one channel affected ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 27
Hi Karl I've done as you asked in the last message and I'm still getting the same error code ipc6023 and my Internet connection is working fine on my tablet and phone
Martin Bishop
0 Likes

Message 7 of 27

Hi

I've reset the port here, can you power off the TV box at the mains for 10 minutes.  Power on and let the box settle down, then try the channel again and tell me if it gives the IPC6023 error.

If the error appears, press the back button on the remote and tell me if it then plays.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 27
Hi Debbie I just received my new router have set it up and even reloaded the channels again and I am still getting the same fault as with the old router
Martin Bishop
0 Likes

Message 9 of 27

Hi mbishop1965

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 27
Yes please
Martin Bishop
0 Likes

Message 11 of 27

Hi mbishop1965

Ok the next step will be to test with a different router, I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 12 of 27
I have tried every socket and even found a spare ethernet cable and tried that
Martin Bishop
0 Likes

Message 13 of 27

Hi mbishop1965

Apologies, I thought you were using power line adapters? Could you try removing the cable and connecting it to a different socket on the router and then retesting?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 14 of 27
My router has 4 ethernet sockets and the cable is already plugged into both the TV box and the router
Martin Bishop
0 Likes

Message 15 of 27

Hi mbishop1965

Connect your router to the TalkTalk TV Box

1. Connect one end of your Ethernet cable into one of the yellow sockets on the router where it says LAN.
  2. Connect the other end into the socket on your TalkTalk TV Box where it says ETHERNET (make sure your router is already plugged in and turned on).

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 16 of 27
How do I do that
Martin Bishop
0 Likes

Message 17 of 27

Hi mbishop1965

Would it be  possible to try a direct connection to router to bypass powerlines?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 18 of 27
It's an adapter that plugs into the back of the box
Martin Bishop
0 Likes

Message 19 of 27

Hi mbishop1965

Is your TV box connected wired or using power line adapters?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 20 of 27
Hi Debbie yes I have rebooted my TV box and I am still getting the ipc6023 error message
Martin Bishop
0 Likes