TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DN360T TV Box and Remote won't 'TALKTALK' to each other

Denzella
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 12

The remote has stopped working with the TV Box. When you press any key on the remote the red light flashes so batteries are OK but have tried 3 sets just in case. I have googled and tried all the fixes I could find - soft reset, hard reset, 1 and 6 together then 981. Power on holding + and - and pressing power button. I have now reached the stage where I have done a factory reset and it is trying to go through the set up process. The screen is sitting with a nice graphic of my set top box and in the top right it says 'Start Set Up' but I can't - none of the buttons on the remote work so I am stuck at this start up screen. Help!!!!

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi

To allow me to cancel, I will need to confirm some security details - I'll drop you a PM.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

@Karl-TalkTalk 

Hi. To save you troubleshooting can you just cancel my TV Box subscription. I think my sky subscription is on pause anyway but cancel that as well. That was all I used the TV box for, that and Amazon Prime. I don't think I will be watching Sky Sports for a while and I can access Amazon Prime through other devices so no point in paying for something that I don't use/doesn't work.

Thanks. please confirm that TV and TV boosts are cancelled going forward.

0 Likes

fre55die
Community Star
Message 3 of 12

@Denzella 

The OCE's are TT staff based in their office in Manchester, with full access to the system, most of the rest of us are just volunteer TT customers with no access to the systems.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi

@fre55dieI didn't realise this was officical support I thought it was just a forum of helpful TalkTalk users. Thanks I tried what you seggested.

@Karl-TalkTalkHi Karl. I have tried the full script that the above named gave me to try. Same as I did before but this time i unplugged power cable first and rebooted router at the end.

When running through the set up screens I have a problem moving to the next screen as I cannot easily click on Start Set Up button or Agree Terms and Conditions and so on. However thrugh a mix of lightly touching the front panel power button and pressing the OK button on the remote which I hold close up to the box eventually it picks up the signal and moves to the next screen. It is almost as if I need to be touching the power button with my left thumb and pressing OKon the remote with my right thumb together to 'complete' the circuit.

So managed to get through set up screens again and rebooted box and router and same issue. The remote does not control the box from any distance from the box except when I hold it up close to the box - almost touching the front panel to the left of the purple/blue lights. So to me the problem is that the box isn't able to pick up the signal from the remote from any distance.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi

What is the problem you have identified ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Hi

What is the problem you have identified ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi @Denzella 

You have contacted support by reporting it on here, you will receive full support here without the hassle of live chat or an hour or so on the phone. The OCE's on here have far more knowledge than the call centre people and have full access to run tests and diagnosis equipment.

Could you please try the factory reset from the main menu again, if you are unable to access this then :

Turn the box off, then unplug power lead for a couple of minutes.

Re plug in the power .

Ensure the YouView Box is switched off and is currently connected to the router (the YouView Box will require an internet connection).

Power on YouView using button at the back of the YouView Box.

Start YouView using the power button on the YouView Box front panel and then quickly press and hold both the + and – buttons on the front panel. If you haven’t pressed the buttons together by the time 'YouView Waking Up' is displayed, or you see the 'YouView please wait...' message then try again.

Let go of the + and – buttons once the 'Huawei – Maintenance Mode menu' is displayed.

The + and – buttons on the front panel of the box will navigate the menu. Keep pressing the – button until full factory reset is highlighed, then press the power button on the box to confirm that you wish to proceed.

Once the YouView Box restarts, the YouView Box will show the initial setup wizard. You will need to run through the setup wizard including tuning the channels.

You will then need to reset your personal settings (such as parental controls / ANTENNA OUT / Surround Sound etc.) and also reset your scheduled recordings (might be worth taking a note of future recordings before doing this so you don’t miss any).

It is also a good idea to restart your router once you have done this !!

Please report back and if it doesnt work @Karl-TalkTalk  is on the case.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Hi @Karl-TalkTalk . I have now added this. You might see that I have responded to a post from another member the issue is not fixed but I think I have identified the problem.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi @fre55die . Thanks for this. It inspired me to have another go. At first I thought this was helping - tricky not to actually turn the box off and on. However I still held the remote close to the box. Eventually I managed to complete the set up but remote still not working unless ... I held it up against the box just slightly to the left of the blue/purple light n the middle of the box.

So in a way it is working but I need to hold the remote hard up against the box - kind of defeats the purpose of having a 'remote'.Looks like the infrared receiver ('thing') from the TV box is defective

Impossible to contact TalkTalk at present due to COVID-19 situation which I totally understand and accept, so will muddle on until I can get in touch with them. I least I can still kind of use the box.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond. Stay safe.

0 Likes

fre55die
Community Star
Message 10 of 12

Hi @Denzella 

I have had this some time ago and am pretty sure from memory that I touched the on / off button on the front of the box briefly and it worked. As I said this is from some time ago and purely from my memory.

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 12

Hi,

Can you please add your home phone number to your Community Profile so I can locate your details.

If unsure of your number, simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Please reply when this has been updated.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes