TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DN372T shutting down overnight and not re-starting?

richardlister
Whizz Kid
Message 9 of 9

Last few weeks this is happening every 4 or 5 days. If I power off and power up then all is ok. It has latest update and Maint Reset has not fixed it.

Any ideas?

cheers

Richard

Richard Lister
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi

TalkTalk stopped providing a recording box at the start of the year and now only issue a Lite Box.

This box does support all the usual apps, Now TV, Amazon and Netflix etc.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

richardlister
Whizz Kid
Message 2 of 9

You’re kidding! I thought I was paying extra for my recording box? Will my rental reduce?

On demand via the boxes is just not fast enough. No probs streaming with 16mb but loading up apps takes so long. 

Maybe it’s time to look at BT then after all these years with Talktalk?

regards

Richard

Richard Lister
0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi

Not much you can do if the full factory reset has failed.  We can issue a replacement box, but TalkTalk no longer provide a recording box and can only issue the Lite Box.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

richardlister
Whizz Kid
Message 4 of 9

ok thanks. What should I do?

Richard

Richard Lister
0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi

It sounds as though the drive s failing or corrupt, I don't think this is down to an update failing.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

richardlister
Whizz Kid
Message 6 of 9

Thanks @Karl-TalkTalk did full reset but happened again last night. Power front and remote has no affect. Push button at back off and on then it can be rebooted. It’s as if it’s just stuck at power off.

must have been late as footy recorded fine. It’s not a corrupt update is it?

cheers

Richard

Richard Lister
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 9

Hi richardlister

Try the reset as suggested, and let me know if it helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Sorry, but it sounds like you need to do a full factory reset to allow the box to repair the hard drive.

The reset you tried will attempt to repair the drive but has no been able to.

It will lose your programmes, but it's the only way now to try and fix your issue

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes