TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have a boost or not??

michaelnuk
Team Player
Message 10 of 10

Hi all recently subscribed to TalkTalk broadband which went smoothly. 

Tried to to add TalkTalk tv and what a disaster!

First tried to add a boost via more tv - no boosts available 

After almost an hour on chat to an agent managed to add a boost through them, channels appeared in the EPG and get the below

C62A48BB-29EB-4231-BC0E-A0EFAF0E5BBF.jpeg

No problem! I'll press OK = Job done! ..Right??

Noo! I get this

FC7ACA87-FDD3-4503-95E8-7BAD20EBE7F5.jpeg

So if I go into my account I can see the boost active but not the box it seems!

If I go into more tv I get this 

3A0D31FB-DBD9-44D7-9A4D-D374A5FFD96F.jpeg

Yeah sure I am not subscribed to everything! - I'll press Go to my stuff

48C6AE38-BEF1-49C6-8681-442C37592366.jpeg

Oh right nothing there either!

Spent about 4 hours over 4 days and even temprorarly left in frustration! 

So so far tried box reboots, router reboots watching the test channel (it works fine!) 

last i I heard they had logged a fault with my service and also something about slow broadband - it’s fine! Just the tv that I am having issues with

any ideas? Lost faith with technical support

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

You're most welcome. I just know the right people and they're the ones who cracked this for you. Thanks for posting back to let us know it's sorted. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 10
Hi OCE_Ady

Everythings working fine now.

Thanks very much for your help. Not sure what you did but the chat/help thing couldnt figure it out in 4 hours.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Well I'm told this should be fixed now. I've been asked to post asking you to take the following steps:

Please ensure they enter the MORE TV player first. Then come out of the MORE TV player, go to the GUIDE and attempt playback of TV Select boost channels.

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 10

It does indeed.  I'll keep you posted when I hear back. 

Message 5 of 10

Thanks 🙂

Also if I go into Manage your TV Boosts in my account. No boosts are avalible - Says I have subscribed to them all.

Wouldnt that mean the issue is with TalkTalk and not my box?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

I'm not seeing that banner and I've got no stuck orders showing in your account. I'm waiting on a reply from the TV product manager as I suspect this is a communication error with the box. Let me know how you get on with the reset. The MMR often clears issues like this. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Usually that's just what we call a stuck order. It can simply be an order yet to be marked as complete. I'll double check for you. 

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Nope but a good idea! - I’ll give it a try tonight. 

One thing that concerns me though is if I go into my account I get the message Unfortunstley you cannot make changes to your account online right now - it’s been like this for days 

makes me think the issue is an account setup issue?

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi michaelnuk, have they had you do the maintenance mode reset? 

0 Likes