TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entertainment Boosts Live TV not working (IPC 6023)

31478GW
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Hi all, 

Hope this finds you well. (First post so be kind and let me know if I'm doing anything wrong...!)

My live TV boost channels aren't working. I have the entertainment boost (MTV, SKY One and so on). All of the apps/players work fine. I can watch the boost channels on demand. Just not any live TV, I get the error IPC 6023. Broadband is working fine everywhere else. It's a wired connection to the box. Huawei DN372T.

I have tried looking through old threads and tried a few of the workarounds such as watching something on demand to "wake up" the live TV and gone through all the connection checks, changed wires, done factory resets and to no avail. 

I spent over an hour on live chat with someone who had me jumping through hoops doing all the resets and usual checks. After an hour or more the answer they gave was "you need an engineer to visit and it'll cost you £40" - surely that's not right?

Hopefully there's someone who's had a similar issue and had it sorted or a smarty who knows how to help?

Thanks in advance and all the best

GoPackGo
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi

Glad to be of help.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 2 of 6

Good morning, 

Thanks for the help!

I tried the suggested More TV & Re-registering which didn't fix the problem but after we installed the new Router you had sent for us, it's come back to life and working again. 

Thanks again for the quick responses and getting us going again. 

All the best

Graham

GoPackGo
0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Hi

All line tests are clear, nothing stands out.  Usual settings are present, Multicast is enabled for your line.

TV database shows the correct info and the boost is also showing as active.

I've removed any registered TV boxes from the database.  Go to MORE TV on the box and choose some on demand content and this will re-register the box.

If still getting this error, turn off router for 30 minutes.  This will clear the active session and allow a new internet session to start, then retest.

To make sure this is not a router failure, and preventing the TV IGMP data from passing along to the box, I've another model router on the way for testing.

Test with this when this arrives, possibly tomorrow.  If this still fails at that point, then we can request an Openreach Multicast engineer to go and verify the settings and traffic at the exchange.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 6

Hi there Karl, 

Done now. Thanks!

GoPackGo

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi

Can you add the home phone number to your 'Community Profile' rather than the mobile so I can locate your account.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips