TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entertainment Boosts Missing Again

Renba
Conversation Starter
Message 17 of 17

Hi,  

Once again I have lost my Entertainment Boost channels since 10 am this morning.

The channels are is 301,302,304,308,311,3112,314,315,318,330,338,401

Each individual channel info. panel shows the thumbnail of the programme at the bottom of the screen

All other channels are working. 

Code: IPC6023 is showing on the TV screen. 

I have checked and restarted the Router, set Box and the Powerlines. All cables are fine.

The broadband is fully working and have checked the IP Addresses in the TV Box settings and all software is up to date.

The past times this has happened (same channels) have been at either TalkTalk or another company's end not with the equipment or the cables within the house.

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Renba
Conversation Starter
Message 2 of 17

@Karl-TalkTalk 

Thanks for your hard work, Karl.

Keep up the good work you do for Talk Talk and all its customers within the community.

👏🏆🌟

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Hi

Thats great news, I booked out the Multicast engineer earlier, hopefully they have made some adjustments.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Renba
Conversation Starter
Message 4 of 17

@Karl-TalkTalk  

Fri 30/7/21 (16:20) - It appears that all Entertainment Boost Channels have returned and are all viewable.

No manipulation of hardware/cables/restarting within the home has allowed this to happen.

0 Likes

Renba
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 17

@Karl-TalkTalk 

Here is what happens:

Select Channel from guide > Channel Banner appears at the bottom of the screen ( thumbnail + timeline of channel as normal) black screen in background > Banner disappears leaving black / blank screen ( approx 3-5 secs) > Error message appears > select back button > returns to black/blank screen ( no banner etc).

It appears to return to the channel as it normally would because from the black/blank screen I can press the guide button and it returns back to the channel listings, as you would if the channel screen was in the normal channel view ( with a moving image ).

Hope that helps

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Hi

I'ts definitely a strange issue.  Usually if this is server side, either all the channels work or none of the channels work, it's not usually a little of both.

I've a multicast engineer booked out just to doublecheck the settings exchange side, make sure they can see  traffic passsing across the link ok etc.

When you select one of the channels that is not working and you see the error, can you try pressing the back button so it stays on that channel.  Does the error then reappear again or just go to a blank screen.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Renba
Conversation Starter
Message 7 of 17

@Karl-TalkTalk 

Changed over and reset the Powerline adaptors - nothing has changed.

Further experiment - If I go to Channel 310 (Gold) I can view it. If I go to channel 314(Gold+1) I cannot view it.

There must be an issue/fault with the third Party Vendor supplying the channels not my system here. This has been the issue for the last 2/3 years and it has never been my set-up that is incorrect - always external.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Hi

The contract renewal should have no bearing on the issue as that is more for billing etc, the actual TV system is a cloud platform via third party vendor.

Have you tried swapping the adapters around or resetting these to see if that changes anything.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Renba
Conversation Starter
Message 9 of 17

Hi Karl,

Sorry, I don't have a long enough cable to reach the box from the router due to where the telephone point.

I have noticed this morning that there is someone else in the community's TV section who is experiencing the same problem. The Poster's name is  Lianne H.

Also, this may be of no significance whats so ever, but my contract was renewed on the 27th of July.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 17

Hi

It is strange that some channels are playing and some are not.  Usually if the content flag is not set, all should not play.  I've gone through all settings I can see across the back end server, checking all entries etc and all looks correct.

Is it possible to try a direct wired connection to the router to see if the powerlines are having some sort of dropping connection issue ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Renba
Conversation Starter
Message 11 of 17

Hi Karl, I did as you requested - Powered down the Router and box for 30 mins - with no success after I powered up both.

If it helps with your diagnostics:

1] Whilst I was on channel 307 I turned off the router first and the Code: IPC6023 appeared.

2] I did another factory reset, deleting all saved recordings this time, but to no avail.

3] I visited my  'More TV' > ' Subscriptions & Purchases' > 'Sky One' > 'S.W.A.T. Series 4' > 'Play' > An announcement comes up on screen saying ' Something's Gone Wrong [ TTG-220] Please contact customer services team and we'll get this resolved for you.'

4]   'More TV' > ' Subscriptions & Purchases' > 'National Geographic ' > 'Selected a Programme' > 'Play' > Programme comes on screen and plays with no issues.

Why are some entertainment boost channels appearing on the TV and some are not especially 401 ( Sky Sports News)?  They must all come through the same router, powerlines and tv box. 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Hi

It is a strange issue, all tests are clear, the box has connected correctly to receive updates, the ISP flag is set correctly for entitlements etc.

Can you power donw the box and turn off the router for 25 minutes and then power back up. This will start a new session and we can see if this helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Renba
Conversation Starter
Message 13 of 17
Hi,
If I select 301 - The banner at the bottom of the screen tells me what is on at that time, then the screen goes blank and then a message comes up saying there is a problem with the channel IPC6023.

It is weird, if I go to 307 ( part of my entertainment boost ) the programme comes on screen as normal. 
0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Hi

If you select Sky 1 (301) and follow any on screen pronpts to set up the channel, what happens, do you still get the IPC6023 error ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Renba
Conversation Starter
Message 15 of 17

Hi Karl,

as requested I have completed the Maintainance Reset ( Factory Reset, keeping recordings).

After configuring the You View box and re-tuning the missing channels do not appear on screen , only in the guide.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 16 of 17

Hi

I've removed all registered boxes from the database as there where a fe showing. 

Can you try a Youview Maintenance Reset  so this will re-register the box, and then I can also check the logs to see if the box creates a new discovery record as it cheecks for an update.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes