TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Equipment question

ETT378
Popular Poster
Message 10 of 10

Hello. Please can you confirm. What the term below means? I’ve been with you decades and recently terminated my contract. After the date of contract ended. Does that mean I can keep the tv box without a charge? I’ve had it a few years now. Or this saying I can only keep the original box and router which I threw away 😣 thanks

7.2 All such necessary equipment will be owned by us apart from the following equipment which you will own:
(a) any router and/or set top box that we send you as part of a new service with us; and
(b) any equipment that you have paid for.
If we choose to replace your router or set top box outside of any warranty period (which is usually 12 months) without charging you for it, we’ll own such replacement equipment, unless we agree otherwise.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

ETT378
Popular Poster
Message 1 of 10

Thanks for confirming Karl. I returned it earlier.  I regret getting rid of the previous one but too late now. 

Message 2 of 10

Hi ETT378

As this was a replacement box that was issues our teams will request this is returned.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

John_G
Problem Solver
Message 3 of 10

I'm assuming you did not request the TV box knowingly delivered to you by TalkTalk in 2020.  If you did, then ignore the rest of my post!

If you did not request the TV box it is an unsolicited good.

Legally, it is a criminal offence for companies to attempt to charge for unsolicited goods they supply.   Please see here for one explanation of the UK law.

I did query this with TalkTalk in 2020 and was told there was no obligation for the recipient to retain the unsolicited TV box, see TalkTalk's statement here.

All the best,

John.

ETT378
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 10

It was sent to me March 2020 just as the pandemic started. My brain wasn’t thinking straight at that point. If I’d known I’d have kept it and then no issue. Guess it’s only £50. Cheaper than buying a new one. 😀 I’ll wait to see what happens this week. 

ferguson
Community Star
Message 5 of 10

OK, well wait and see if they get in touch. The worst that can happen is that they will ask you to pay £50 if you prefer to keep it, otherwise you can return it.

I am not aware of any contract changes announced recently?

ETT378
Popular Poster
Message 6 of 10

I know, I wish I hadn’t. I was never going to leave TT but when they broke our deal mid contract and put up the price and the broadband was getting slower and slower I decided I had no choice. 😢

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 7 of 10

Maybe you shouldn't have thrown it away?  😕

0 Likes

ETT378
Popular Poster
Message 8 of 10

That’s a shame as I never requested for a new box. They sent it as the one I had was that old it wouldn’t support software updates. Would have been able to keep if they hadn’t done that. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

It seems pretty clear to me. Original equipment is yours; any replacements are theirs. They will ask you to send them back with prepaid postage if required, keep an eye on your emails.