TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code IPC6023

sammyhaine
Conversation Starter
Message 67 of 67

I have had this error code now since middle of January, tried talking to talktalk customer services who said it was my internet, well if that is the case why can I use my bbcIplayer and Netflix via my tv box but not view normal channels if its my internet?  Also can not log in to my router to change any settings on it at all not by using admin admin or admin with its unique password, even factory reset all equipment and the problem still occurs every time!  Can someone please help as I am getting rather fed up paying for a service that I clearly aint getting the use of.

0 Likes
66 REPLIES 66

fre55die
Community Star
Message 1 of 67

Hi @RachaelScorer

Could you please start your own thread for support as each problem is individual and needs investigating separately.

As you have posted on an existing solved problem I can't escalate this for you and the OCE's may miss it.

Could you please also ensure that your community profile includes your PHONE NUMBER as OCE's will need this to tie up your screen name to your account. (click on your avatar to view the information > Settings > Personal information, then scroll to the bottom of page and click save)

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 67
they did refund all the months i had no service for so they aint all bad really
0 Likes

Message 3 of 67
Would it be possible to get some assistance Karl?
R. Scorer
0 Likes

Message 4 of 67
Oh great, thanks for your reply. Might just cancel, don't think I could put up with the hassle. Thank you
R. Scorer
0 Likes

Message 5 of 67
it took me from january to end of last month to get my channels working 3 open reach engineers and 1 talktalk engineer end result was multicast engineers visiting the box my line was supplied from to fix the problem
0 Likes

RachaelScorer
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 67

Can I ask how you resolved this issue? I am a new customer and have never been able to view my subscription channels, an engineer has been and everything is OK my end, I seem to get no where on chat, they just keep logging complaints. I am not using powerline adapters,. 

R. Scorer
0 Likes

Message 7 of 67

iaia Can

R. Scorer
0 Likes

Message 8 of 67

Hi sammyhaine

Glad the channels are working now, and only sorry that it has taken this long to resolve the issue for you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 9 of 67
ty karl they are working again now 🙂 now to battle for the refund of none working channels from january 🙂
0 Likes

Message 10 of 67

As I previously said, "Are you using power lines? If so have you tried plugging the box straight into the router?"

0 Likes

Message 11 of 67

everything is set up correctly the channels just suddenly stopped working on 22nd january when i was watching something, and ive even moved house and still channels dont work, three engineers have been out already so we know its all set up correctly even tried new equipment the router doesnt seem to be sending enough mb to the tv box for the channels to work cause i can still use netflix and catch up via the box just not my subscribed channels which ive been paying for each month and not been able to use.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 67

Don't mean to butt in OCE Karl, but is the customer using power line adapters. If they are, are they plugged into proper sockets and not extensions. Also if they are have they tried plugging the Tv box straight into the router? Just a thought, as I have had trouble in the past like this and it was my power lines.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 67

ok thank you please keep me updated

0 Likes

Message 14 of 67

Hi

A Multicast engineer has been arranged. This is non appointed and will be going to the exchange without the need for an appointment as yet.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 67

Hi

I've sent the request across to our network teams.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 16 of 67

this week coming im available tuesday and thursday all day week after im free every day except tuesday

0 Likes

Message 17 of 67

Hi

Ok, I'll ask networks if they can arrange a multicast engineer from Openreach as all previous engineers have been broadband.

If an appointment is required, what is the best day for this.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 18 of 67

connection speed is stable even when using netflix via my tv box and playing on laptop at same time online

0 Likes

Message 19 of 67

Hi

Is it just the TV issue, have speeds stabilised.  I'm showing sync at 16mb currently within the predicted range.  Do the speeds drop if the TV Box is connected.

all tests are currently showing clear.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 20 of 67

I have waited 40 days now and heard nothing at all back, can you let me know what is happening please as I still have no tv channels and this is beyond a joke now considering it been going on since January!!  I am giving talktalk 21 days to get this fixed or I will be taking my services elsewhere and filing official complaints to the right people regarding dismissal of services due to not receiving what I have been paying for and not even received a penny back in compensation!!!

0 Likes