TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code IPC6023

sammyhaine
Conversation Starter
Message 67 of 67

I have had this error code now since middle of January, tried talking to talktalk customer services who said it was my internet, well if that is the case why can I use my bbcIplayer and Netflix via my tv box but not view normal channels if its my internet?  Also can not log in to my router to change any settings on it at all not by using admin admin or admin with its unique password, even factory reset all equipment and the problem still occurs every time!  Can someone please help as I am getting rather fed up paying for a service that I clearly aint getting the use of.

0 Likes
66 REPLIES 66

Message 21 of 67

Is there any news on this issue yet please as I have waited nearly a month now since the last update and still have no working channels, my internet speeds are good I have a home phone plugged in and no interference on the line at all so I can't figure out the problem

0 Likes

Message 22 of 67

ok thank you very much and i do hope they stop sending texts saying all faults have now been resolved when clearly they havent its rather annoying to wake up to.

0 Likes

Message 23 of 67

Hi

I've passed this to networks asking what the next step is.   They may want to arrange an engineer for a co op call to our network teams so they can discuss with the engineer whilst he is on site and perform some specific testing with our higher level network guys.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 24 of 67

openreach have been did all their tests for the 3rd time now, they got 25mb down the line right up until they plugged in the talktalk equipment speed then dropped to 14mb a huge difference, got a text saying all issues are now resolved well sorry no my tv channels are still not working.  He suggested having a talktalk engineer present at same time as an open reach engineer then they can work together to get the equipment working properly again.

0 Likes

Message 25 of 67

Hi

Call or Live Chat and our customer teams can change this to standard fibre.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 67

Thank you for booking the appointment, I didnt know I was on that package I thought it was standard fibre as thats what I orignally subscribed to at my old address and just did a home move option how can I downgrade to standard fibre please?

0 Likes

Message 27 of 67

Hi

Appointment has been booked for Thursday 12th PM slot.

Also, you are on the 80mb package, but your line is never going to achieve more than 20mb so I would advise downgrading to standard fibre.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 28 of 67

Hi

I've passed this to networks with the booking request.  I'll reply as soon as appointment is confirmed.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 29 of 67

I am available every day except wednesdays and fridays but i do prefer PM appointments if possible

0 Likes

Message 30 of 67

Hi

I need to get this back to Openreach.  When are the bast days / times for an engineer to visit,

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 31 of 67

still unable to view channels and getting rather fed up of being charged for them when i havent been able to view them since 22nd january!!! Did a speed test and getting a minimum of 12mb at a time down the line!!!

0 Likes

Message 32 of 67

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 33 of 67

thank you will keep you posted

0 Likes

Message 34 of 67

Hi

A TV box is on the way to see if this is the issue.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 35 of 67

connection was good with the router connected as soon as we connected the tv is when the drop occured and it showed as a fault on the line

0 Likes

Message 36 of 67

Hi

If you have the talktalk box disconnected from the router, with only the router connected, are the speeds still low or do they increase.

If speeds are low without the youview box connected, then I would not suspect this.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 37 of 67

Thank you engineer came early, ran every test possible, line is totally clear (as reported previously) speeds were 24mb with just his equiment connected, as soon as he plugged my equipment back in they dropped to 14mb, he even tested the tv channels, still no channels, he asked me to describe how they were working previously so I explained up until 22nd january they were working fine, I went from crime investigation channel to watch bbciplayer to watch something for 1hr came back to watch crime investigation channel and the channels were no longer working.  He has added notes to his report to clarify this and is saying he is almost 100% certain that the fault showing on the line is infact something to do with the talk talk equipment an he is 75% sure it is the youview box that is killing the internet and is faulty.

0 Likes

Message 38 of 67

Hi

Appointment booked for Tuesday 27th PM slot.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 39 of 67

Hi

I've passed this request to our network teams to arrange.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 40 of 67

any news on when an engineer is available if it helps im available every week for PM appointments except fridays

0 Likes