TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error code IPC6023

sammyhaine
Conversation Starter
Message 67 of 67

I have had this error code now since middle of January, tried talking to talktalk customer services who said it was my internet, well if that is the case why can I use my bbcIplayer and Netflix via my tv box but not view normal channels if its my internet?  Also can not log in to my router to change any settings on it at all not by using admin admin or admin with its unique password, even factory reset all equipment and the problem still occurs every time!  Can someone please help as I am getting rather fed up paying for a service that I clearly aint getting the use of.

0 Likes
66 REPLIES 66

Message 41 of 67

I am available every day next week except friday for PM times

0 Likes

Message 42 of 67

I've been told this needs another engineer visit. Please provide a couple of dates  when you'll be available am is 8am -1pm and PM is 1pm - 6pm. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 43 of 67

Your current synch speed is below the minimum for the channels which is why you're not getting them. The fault ticket is still open and with OpenReach. I've asked for updates and will post back once I know what steps I'll be taking next for you. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 44 of 67

After yet another week of no internet due to the line failing, I am now back online, phone line is clear, and they said the error was the connection from the green box, but as of yet I still can not access the channels.  Its strange because I could use them one day and not the next they literally just stopped working all of a sudden, and this was before I even moved to this property on 03/02 I have had this issue with the channels since 22/01

0 Likes

Message 45 of 67

Hi

On demand content uses the standard internet, so things like Iplayer and other on demand content are streamed.  Live internet TV channels use a protocol known as IGMP.  This data is slightly different and if this is not being processed correctly then the service will fail.

I've been testing your line and am seeing high errors. I know you have had 2 new routers recently so this should not be a hardware fault.

Is the phone line clear with a clear dial tone ?

Do you only have the router and phone connected to the phone socket ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 46 of 67

I am still confused tho as to why I can access the more tv but not my channels surely they require same amount of internet 

0 Likes

Message 47 of 67

It’s been literally a week since they fixed my internet and now it’s off again any reason why this time that you are aware of please karl?

0 Likes

Message 48 of 67

Hi

Excellent, thanks for letting me know.

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 49 of 67

They work fine just tested them

0 Likes

Message 50 of 67

Hi

I've updated the router firmware.  Can you reboot the router, when this is back up and running, reboot the TV box and then select a boost channel from the guide.

If this gives the same error, Load More TV (TalkTalk/More TV button on remote)  

Select some of your boost content from here and see if it plays.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 51 of 67

I now have the HG633 up and running

0 Likes

Message 52 of 67

Hi

I notice you have the Dlink router connected, would it be possible to connect the HG633 and I'll update to the new firmware and see if this improves the connection.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 53 of 67

yes totally clear and the open reach engineer even did the copper line test all tests came back fine with a 16mb download speed

0 Likes

Message 54 of 67

Hi

Is the landline clear, clear dial tone etc ?  I'm picking up a possible fault on the voice side.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 55 of 67

An open reach engineer was here today ran all the tests and my speeds show at 16mb down, but I am still unable to get my channels, sorry for delayed response but I had no internet at all for a week due to a problem with my master socket

0 Likes

sammyhaine
Conversation Starter
Message 56 of 67

just done one now and it says im getting 10.8mb download speed

0 Likes

Message 57 of 67

Hi @sammyhaine

The various players and Netflix only need between 3-5 Mbps but the boost channels on Multicast need Ideally over 6 -8 Mbps.

Have you done a speedtest to see what speed you are actually getting ?

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
0 Likes

Message 58 of 67

I have not been able to borrow a handset as of yet, but I did receive a new router through post but the same problem occurs, I get paid on 5th march and can purchase a cheap handset to test the line, but im confused as to why my netflix and bbc Iplayer works on the tv box but not the channels?

0 Likes

Message 59 of 67

I am at a friends later today will ask if they have one I can borrow

0 Likes

Message 60 of 67

Hi,

Is it possible to borrow a handset from a friend or neighbor for 2 minutes to confirm if you have a dial tone, and see if the line is clear or noisy, so this can be logged correctly to Openreach.

If a fault is raised with incorrect details it may delay any resolution or be passed to the wrong type of engineer.

The broadband shares the same line as the phone services so any noise issues can affect the broadband signal.

Thanks

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes