TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FREEVIEW RETUNE

fre55die
Community Star
Message 28 of 28

Hi everybody. Dont forget that Freeview will undergo its biggest channel reshuffle since 2020 at the end of January when dozens of channels will move to new positions in the channel list. Around lunchtime on Wednesday 26th January 2022, many of Freeview's entertainment, lifestyle, factual and teleshopping channels will move to new channel numbers.

You may need to manually retune your TV sets and YouView Boxes.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" from the 3 dot dropdown menu in the bottom right of this post so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives. If you like the answer please feel free to click the "Like Button"
27 REPLIES 27

Message 1 of 28

@Gliwmaeden2 

You can download the Kindle app to most Phones and Tablets and it will act like a Kindle device including storing where you were.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" from the 3 dot dropdown menu in the bottom right of this post so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives. If you like the answer please feel free to click the "Like Button"

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 2 of 28

@fre55die, yes I need to investigate that too....!

@ferguson, yup, she's way ahead of me, at 86+.......!

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 3 of 28

@Gliwmaeden2  I'm pretty sure that you can add yourself to her household so that you can both enjoy most of the benefits.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 4 of 28

Shame on you maybe, but good on your mum!  

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 5 of 28

Ashamed to say, @ferguson, that my Mum's used a Kindle for years. That's why I have entrusted her with Amazon Prime. No idea what I've been missing!

I tend to live on a diet of News, Weather and replays of Morse, Endeavour etc!

0 Likes

Message 6 of 28

@Gliwmaeden2 

There is some pretty good stuff on Prime Video.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 7 of 28

@Gliwmaeden2 Ha, this time next year you may have discovered Kindle!  😎

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 8 of 28

@fre55die and @ferguson, I had no idea how things had moved on! Thanks for the tips.

Who knows, by this time next year I might be up to even using Amazon Prime!

I tend to be still at the reading a book stage. No technical updates necessary!

ferguson
Community Star
Message 9 of 28

@fre55die Didn't know whether @Gliwmaeden2 had a box, but yes, of course.  

Message 10 of 28

@Gliwmaeden2  

The tuners in your YouView box will pick up all available channels in your area.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 11 of 28

Yes, so it seems. 

It's only because of the reshuffle though that I am noticing just how behind I am with everything!

Some would be available if I upgraded my equipment I think. 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 12 of 28

@Gliwmaeden2 It's just a reshuffle brought about by the reintroduction of BBC Three, you are not going to be able to get channels now which you couldn't previously. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 13 of 28

The full list of changes is on this Freeview notice:

https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/service-updates/bbc-three-launch

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 14 of 28

Did a check with the Manual Tuning option which found no new channels subsequent to my other updates.

NOW 80s is definitely missing, despite being listed as available for my address from the local transmitter.

Screenshot_20220126-141206_Chrome.jpg

In fact loads are missing. They are indicated with the little ** in the available channel lists.

20220126_142522.jpg

I've only recently strayed beyond a limited repertoire of watching, and it looks like many of the HD channels have ordinary parallel Freeview channels anyway as well, but not all of them.

So, anybody out there who needs to catch up with this and is wondering about missing channels, it's probably because we have only got the HD ready set up.

20220126_142913.jpg

Will wait for this TV to conk out first ....

Maybe I am the last person to twig about this in the country!

It's a shame that not all channels are equally available, given that we all pay the same BBC licence fee, but I suppose it gets complicated as the technology continues to develop so rapidly. So we keep having to play catch up by buying extra bits of equipment or new televisions!

ferguson
Community Star
Message 15 of 28

I have just checked the live Freeview TV guide and they don't seem to have updated that at the time of posting!

https://www.freeview.co.uk/tv-guide

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 16 of 28

Actually, the Freeview site has a useful list and it looks like 24 was never there...

Probably mine is OK ... will find out soon enough!

Screenshot_20220126-134603_Chrome.jpg

ferguson
Community Star
Message 17 of 28

My bad guys, looking at duff source, sorry.  😕

Message 18 of 28

@Gliwmaeden2  No 24 was blank 76 was NOW 80's and 77 TCC.

Message 19 of 28

@ferguson  Channel 9 on mine, both the one that has retuned and the one that hasn't auto updated.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 20 of 28

@ferguson, on mine, BBC 4 remains at nr 9.

0 Likes