TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed recordings

jane785
Team Player
Message 4 of 4

My yourview box will not record for the last two days.  I have tried software update, soft reset and factory reset keep recordings.  No difference.  I have many recordings which I want to keep so do not want to do a factory reset and lose them. 

Very disappointed as this box is not very old and I am not receiving the service I am paying for. I am a long standing customer but don't think I'll be renewing when my contract is up.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

Technology sometimes fails, and in this case there is nothing that can be done other than to advise to use the full reset option.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

jane785
Team Player
Message 2 of 4

That's not very satisfactory is it?  No use having a lot of hours recording time if it's likely to fail again.  What about the recordings that I haven't yet watched? I can see from this forum that I'm far from the only one that this has happened to.

Very unhappy and not even an apology from talktalk.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi

If a reset did not work, then the only option is for a full factory reset from the settings menu.  This will erase all recordings as there may be some corrupt files on the hard drive.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes