TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fails to playback or record new recordings

Trebor58
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

My machine has decided to stop back any recordings and any new recordings fail. These are recordings that were previously played.

The internet connection seems fine and I receive all my internet channels and apps.

I have carried out the following

1) Rebooted the box

2) Factory reset the router 

3) Confirmed software is up to date. 

4) Swapped HDMI Cable (in case faulty)

5) Swapped Ethernet cable (in case faulty)

6) Factory reset (keep recordings)

When I try to play recordings I get any error message IPC 6040, for other recordings I just get a blank screen.

My last resort is to reset the box to factory settings losing all remaining recordings, I know at present I can't view these so deleting them should not be an issue, however, if I can save them I would rather.

Does anyone have any other thoughts?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi Trebor58

Have you tried the full factory reset from the settings menu.  This will remove any existing recordings and set the hard drive back up, but can often restore functionality.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Some people have reported a second maintenance reset, keeping recordings has worked.

Failing that, then there is no option but to go for a full factory reset which will repair the hard drive if possible, where as the keep recordings option attempts a repair.

Please note that if you are eligible for a new box, TalkTalk now only supply non recordable ones., So it's best to try all alternatives if recording is important to you.

Hope it works.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes