TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty TV box

Adie2020
Popular Poster
Message 15 of 15

When I use fast forward at x30 and sometimes at x12 the TV box sticks and I have to turn it off to come out of fast forward

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi

Glad to hear all is working.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Hi Karl,

Just to let you know that the new box arrived today so I've done a couple of test recordings and everything seems to work just fine.

Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Thanks again for your help.

Adie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Hi Karl,

Many thanks for that.

Adie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Hi Adie

sorry for the delay.  I'll swap out the box and see if this happens on the new box.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hi Karl,

Is that it then, end of help????

Adie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Hi Karl,

It will occasionally stick at x12 but only if you ff for quite a long time. At x30 it will stay at that speed after about 5s.

Very frustrating!

Thanks

Adie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hi

If you FF at the setting less than 30 does it not 'stick' is it only at x30 ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15

Hi Karl,

I have performed a full factory reset, lost all my recordings etc etc.

Tried a test recording and when I went to fast forward at x30 it got 'stuck' again, really not happy now and ready to throw the box out of the window!

I've also got a very unhappy partner as most of the content recorded was hers!

Adie

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hi

The next option then is the full factory reset from the settings menu.

Try this and then make some test recordings.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

Hi Karl,

Already tried that as I had read it on another post.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Hi

Try a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 2: Keep Recordings).

Please note any future scheduled recordings will be lost and will have to be rescheduled.

Set the box up and retest to see if the behavior improves.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 13 of 15

All done thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 14 of 15

For TT staff to identify your account,  @Adie2020 , you need to complete your community forum profile details. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard; make sure you put in your landline phone and and a fallback mobile phone number; save any changes.

It can take several days to get a reply.  Please wait for a response before posting further,  to keep your thread moving forward in the queue. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes