TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty Talktalk TV box

Nautilus186
Conversation Starter
Message 16 of 16

Hello you kindly sent me a replacement Youview recorder box a couple of months ago.Unfortunatly l think the replacement box is faulty.l get a lot of picture breakup particularly on HD channels.l have taken then Arial out retuned it then retuned with the Arial back in and also done a factory reset but the picture break up keeps happening from time to time. Is it possible to swap the box out for another one.Im not having much luck with these boxes the first one had a faulty HD drive.

•  
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Kellyteague1
First Timer
Message 1 of 16

My TV box keeps freezing I have to turn off and reset the whole thing It happens sometimes 4 time's a day help needed please.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 16

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 3 of 16

Thanks again Karl 

I noticed the subject line was one letter that l must not have noticed before.

I have deleted it now.

Thanks for all your help and speedy responses 👍😀

Message 4 of 16

Hi

If you click on the subject line, this will open the message.  Below this you will have the options of 'Delete' or Reply, and can simply click Delete.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 16
It maybe because I'm using my phone and it does not show that option for some reason l will try on my pc.
0 Likes

Message 6 of 16
It's in my personal messages inbox. l cannot see how to delete it.
If l highlight it l do not see a delete option.
0 Likes

Message 7 of 16

Hi

Are you talking about a message in your email or a PM (Personal Message) in the Community.

In Both cases you can delete these yourself.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 16
The name of the weird message is shandi23
0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Thanks Karl.

Third time lucky.

Sorry to be a nuisance but l also have a message from someone in the USA in my inbox .I have no idea who it is and believe it is spam are you able to remove it l did send the information before .

Many thanks for all your help.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

Hi

I'll swap out the box to see if this helps.

All my tests are currently clear so not seeing any issues at this time with the broadband connection.

Thanks  

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

Message 11 of 16

Hi Karl

The picture is fine when the Arial is directly connected.l also have other freeview boxes to other TVs and they are also fine.

I have retuned the box with the Arial out and the retuned when it is back in.l have also done a factory reset .

If l restart the box the problem goes away but starts up again after a while sometimes a day or two.Very strange.

Also the previous correspondence said there was a problem on the router end is that being looked into also?

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Hi

A broadband issue could cause issues with the subscription channels, but would not affect freeview channels.

If you connect your aerial directly to your TV, do the channels show ok on the TV or is here any picture breakup ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 13 of 16
Sorry forgot to add a hi and thanks to my previous email.👍
0 Likes

Message 14 of 16

IMG_20200720_142643.jpg

This is the master box l have the router connected to.

Just out of curiosity how would a fault on the line cause picture breakup on Freeview HD channels.Also when it happens if l turn the TV box off and on again it solves the issue only for it to return a few days later.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 15 of 16

Hi Nautilus186,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which has detected a possible fault towards the property. Does your master socket have a test socket? If it does then would it be possible to connect the router at the test socket so we can re-run the line test again?

Thanks

0 Likes