TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Faulty Youview Box

joe942
Team Player
Message 5 of 5

My Youview box is a DN372T.01.03.P with software CDS/72.48.91.

There are some problems with selecting and watching tv programs but the main reason for my message is that the recording of new programs and playing of existing recordings is not working.

Following my phone call earlier today to the Talktalk robot about the tv box it tested my line and my broadband and then said everything is fine with your line and broadband, not mentioning my tv box at all. 

So it seems that this is the only way to contact TT about my failed tv box and ask for a working one to be despatched without delay.

I know that a new box is required because I have had disk breakdown problems with Youview boxes many times before, whilst I have been with Talktalk. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi

Thanks for the update.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

joe942
Team Player
Message 2 of 5

Hello Joe942 here.   I followed the advice from fr8ys regarding trying the reset process.  The soft reset retaining the recordings worked ok except that there were three "failed to record" items in my later test recordings.  However all recordings are now ok and watchable except for those in the days up to the start of the problem. None of these will play, just a blank screen so not recorded even though they are shown as recorded.

I have used the box for a week now and am happy to continue with it while it records ok. All other features seem to be ok as well.

Thanks fr8ys and Karl

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi joe942

Have you followed the advice from fr8ys regarding trying the reset process.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Have you tried a soft reset? To do this hold the power button on the front for around 10 seconds and the box should restart. Alternatively, you can turn off from the back and power back on.

If this doesn’t work then have you tried a YouView Maintenance Reset (https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-find-maintenance-mode/ta-p/1429347)?

Try the Factory Reset keep recording option.

You will then need to reset your personal settings (such as parental controls / Set antenna Out to On in Settings: Picture and Sound / Surround Sound etc.) and also reset your scheduled recordings (might be worth taking a note of future recordings before doing this so you don’t miss any).

If all else fails then try a full factory reset from the settings menu. You will lose your recordings but you may be asked to do this before the Support Staff look at other alternatives.

Please note that if you are eligible for a new box, TalkTalk now only supply non recordable ones., So it's best to try all alternatives if recording is important to you.

Hope it works but if not then please let us know and I’ll flag for further assistance.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes