TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free view missing

yellowpaula25
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

We’ve been missing freeview for a few weeks, resetting the box, retuning, unplugging etc have sometimes worked.

now nothing works - tried retuning, unplugging etc etc but only one channel found.

Tried the talk talk chat … one for an hour then they restarted me, second one stopped replying after another 45mins. (I kept the transcripts)

Internet signal also poor at times, only suggestion to buy (another) booster.

I really object to paying for broadband and buying more boosters which don’t work - then paying for TV I can’t watch.

No solutions and apparently it would be a cost of £120 to get out of a contract for a system which doesn’t work.

suggestions for fixing freeview would be really appreciated (and if it can’t be fixed, please can talk talk help)

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi yellowpaula25

As advised, can you plug the aerial direct into the Tv and check the channels on the TV itself and see if the channel reception is poor or breaking up etc.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @yellowpaula25 check your aerial connection, even plug  your aerial into the TV. Freeview is not  transmitted by broadband.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes