TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeSports Channel 95

Deaf Bhoy
Chatterbox
Message 16 of 16

A new channel is coming to Freeview and also available on TalkTalk Youview starting on Thursday 31 Aug. FreeSports channel 95 from what I've seen it looks pretty good emoticon.cooldude.title

Their Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/freesportsuktv/

Website https://www.freesports.tv/index.php

15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

FreeSports is carried on multiplex COM 8 which does not reach the whole of the UK. Other channels on this mux include: Rocks & Co C40, Forces TV C96 and BBC Four HD C106 in the evenings, are you able to get any of these?

You can check your transmitter and coverage here: http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/operations/about_the_coverage_checker

0 Likes

Deltasphere
First Timer
Message 2 of 16

How do you get FreeSports channel 95 on TalkTalk tv? It doesn't appear when I retune the channels. Thanks.

0 Likes

Deltasphere
First Timer
Message 3 of 16

How do you get FreeSports channel 95 on TalkTalk tv? It doesn't appear when I retune the channels. Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

Yeah Saturday night wasn't the best they did ave live rugby league at 9.30 though. Friday night was good 2 football games from Portugal and Sunday lunch time was a game from the Spanish La Liga 2nd division plus Sunday night had a live game from Belgium. They are still trying to tie up the rights to the Argentina Superliga I think those games will be on Saturday or Sunday nights if they can get it sorted.

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 16

Swings and roundabouts.

Tried this channel on Saturday night. The picture quality was perfectly ok, the big problem was the programs. Prime time Saturday night - highlight of a forestry rally from Cork, not exactly top ranked motor sport.

But I guess you get what you pay for.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

I disagree the quality of FreeSports is better than ITV4. People get obsessed about HD and picture quality and seem to forget how bad it was years ago but we still enjoyed watching telly. FreeSports is a fantastic channel and offers all different types of sports to cater for everyone plus its free what's not to like emoticon.cooldude.title

Message 7 of 16

Many thanks guys. Looks like I'll have to wait for Freesport to become active in my area.

0 Likes

Visionman
Super Duper Contributor
Message 8 of 16
@Gordon1961 wrote:

Hi fegeson. As far  as I'm aware I cannot pick up com8. My father in law ( Central Aberdeen ) and a relative ( North Aberdeen) both pick up c95. I'm Aberdeen south.

COM8 is available to 75% of the UK. Unfortunately it looks like your not.

Believe me, your not missing much.

I tried to watch an England U21 match on it. I'd have been better off watching it on the radio. The picture quality is awful. Its only 'broadcasting' at an average bitrate of 1.8Mbps but can go as low as 0.6 up to a max of 5.1.

5.1Mbps sounds decent but its not, as its resolution is awful at only 544x576.

Its generally accepted there are 3 quality layers of SD channels - The PSB channels (the best), the secondarys, such as ITV4 and the awful budget channels such as CBS (which don't even use Accurate Recording). I believe this new channel has created a forth. Its future doesn't look good.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

It looks like it's not available from your transmitter, check here for more details:  http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/operations/about_the_coverage_checker

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

Hi fegeson. As far  as I'm aware I cannot pick up com8. My father in law ( Central Aberdeen ) and a relative ( North Aberdeen) both pick up c95. I'm Aberdeen south.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

Can you pick up any other channels on multiplex com8 e.g. C40 Rocks & Co; C55 5Star+1; C111 QVC HD etc? If not, then you won't be within the coverage area.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

The TV does pick up HD channels but will not see ch95. Goes from ch93 to ch 101 bbc hd.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

I've been trying to pick up Freesport on various equipment but no joy. Any suggestions please.

0 Likes

Deaf Bhoy
Chatterbox
Message 14 of 16
I forgot to add you need a HD TV or HD set top box to view the channel on Freeview...
0 Likes

Gordon1961
Team Player
Message 15 of 16

Looks interesting especially with bt sport, TT tv etc.

0 Likes