TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freeview channels and recordings breaking up

Bunnyhutch45
Chatterbox
Message 12 of 12

I am new to forum but need help in regard to above.

All freeview channels are unwatchable as are recordings but perfect when aerial plugged directly to HDTV and when plugged to smart tv But break up when smart tv connected to box.

Tried the suggestions on Forum including factory reset 

Contacted aerial supplier who checked signal strength He said was as good as new aerial but strength dropped dramatically when measured through box 

Contacted Talktalk by phone who said my Internet speed was lower then expected at 41 ( I explained I was not having Internet problems ) She said Openreach needed to visit He did and found no problems but fitted more modern masterswitch but felt the talktalk box was at fault and would report this to Talktalk 

Not heard anything since and freeview still unwatchable

Any help would be much appreciated 

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Excellent, glad the new box is working.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12
Karl
Box received set up and appears to be working OK
Old box to be returned
Once again thanks for help
0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12
Thanks Karl
Hope this solve the problem
Your help is much appreciated
0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi

I've a replacement TV box on the way so we can test to see if this is a tuner issue.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12
Karl
Thanks for help Further to last email checked with neighbours none have experienced 4G interference Tried both TVs again direct from aerial - no breaking up
Thanks
0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi Roger,

59 is a little lower than I like to see.  Can't see any reported issues with your local transmitter.

Have a quick look at this Questionaire to check for any 4G interferance in the area, then we will take it from there.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12
Done as suggested Karl
Both channels 59
Thanks
Roger
0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi Bunnyhutch45

Can you take the aerial out of the Youview box and retune the channels.  No channels will be found of course.  Next, reconnect the aerial and fully retune again.

When all channels are back, take a look at the BBC & ITV channels and let me know what the signal strength shows as.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12
Thanks
Aerial direct thro box , proper cable and box enabled
0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

How is your aerial connected to the box?

Is it direct or looped through the TV?

If the latter then try switching the inputs so that the box is the first in the loop and then out to the TV. Remember to enable TV loop through from the box settings.

Does this make any difference to either the Box or the TV signals?

Is you lead on any loop through a shop bought lead or home made? If the latter then it may be worth checking the connections to ensure there is no shorting between the leads as this can lead to marked deterioration of the signal.

If you can confirm your setup and the above does not help in anyway, please post back and further help may be available.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes