TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Further DN372T Box Problems - On 3rd Box Now

bryanbolton59
Team Player
Message 7 of 7

On 3rd DN372T box now. After initial set up problems where BBC 1 & 2 and HD channels were missing, the box worked fine until the recent Freeview upgrade.  Now its back to square one again.

Followed the usual advice regarding resetting the box, retuning the channels etc but nothing has worked.  Up to last week,  BBC 1 & 2 were constantly breaking up and after numerous retunes, ended up with no BBC1 or 2 and no HD channels, but ITV onwards was working fine.  IPlayer apps and Prime & Netflix also worked fine.

Today, I tried the maintenance 2 reset - keep recordings.  Result - 75 Freeview channels available but no BBC 1 or 2 or HD channels.  All other channels, apart from 11 and 17 are breaking up.

Manual retune - 83 channels including BBC 1 and 2, but no HD channels.  All channels apart from 11 and 17 are breaking up.

This is the 3rd Huawei box Ive had now and they have all suffered the same problem.  Aeriel direct into TV gives a perfect picture on all channels.  2nd TV in another room linked to a Humax Youview box - no problem whatsoever.

There is clearly a problem with this box. What is TalkTalk doing about it?

Thank you.

Bryan Bolton

Bryan59
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Thanks very much Freddie, I'll get in touch with them and let you know how I get on

Bryan59

Message 2 of 7

Hi @bryanbolton59 

It's your aerial strength at 30%. This is really bad for what should be one of the stronger channels and whilst the Humax box may be struggling but, succeeding in giving a good picture not that many tuners or TV tuners would.

You could try an aerial booster and see how that goes or, you could miss out the Bit about the pre-upgrade figures and Humax box and try and swing a free check and possible new aerial from FREEVIEW.

https://www.freeview.co.uk/help/improve-aerial-set-up

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" from the 3 dot dropdown menu in the bottom right of this post so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives. If you like the answer please feel free to click the "Like Button"
0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Freddie,  box 1 and 2 problems occurred before the Freeview upgrade - here in the north west it was mid February.

Tonight, signal strength on BBC 1 was 33%  (Quality 55%)  -  BBC 1 then disappeared (as did BBC 2) !!

I retuned but was unable to get the BBC channels back.

C4  -  pre-retune - strength 43%, quality 60%,  post retune - 43%, 100%

As a comparison, the TV attached to the Humax box, fed by the same aerial:

BBC1  strength  30%, quality  100%,   C4  48%,  100%   -  picture quality perfect in both cases.

Many thanks

Bryan Bolton

Bryan59
0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

@bryanbolton59 

It's just a thought because 3 dodgy boxes seems, to say the least, unusual. The tuners on the Huawei boxes are pretty sensitive.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as "Accepted Solution" from the 3 dot dropdown menu in the bottom right of this post so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives. If you like the answer please feel free to click the "Like Button"
0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Thanks Fre55die, I'll check it out.

Bryan59
0 Likes

fre55die
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

@bryanbolton59 

Is it possible to check the signal quality and strength on ch 1 and 4 on the TV as it sounds like an aerial problem as when freeview updated the Crystal Palace transmitter was "upgraded" I had the same problems, they replaced my aerial free as mine had now become the wrong type.

0 Likes