TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting message 'no signal'. New box sent is the same.

mortontheale
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Have spent ages changing cables around and trying all advice to no avail.  Getting very frustrated with it.  New box supplied is exactly the same.  I am quite practical and can usually sort out most problems but this has defeated me.  Would prefer to just cancel subscription.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi

When using any device connected via HDMI, be it a youview TV box or DVD player etc, you always have to select HDMI input as the source on the TV. If the aerial is connected to the youview box, you will then also be able to view the freeview channels via the youview box.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

mortontheale
First Timer
Message 2 of 5

Just getting the message 'no signal'.  HDMI connection to TV, Ethernet cable to Router.  Huawei box.  I have since managed to make a connection by selecting HDMI input on TV, but cannot then use TV independantly.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi

Have you swapped the hdmi cable or tested another hdmi port on the TV. Make sure the TV is also on the correct HDMI channel.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Can you describe your issues please so we can try and help you?

how is your box connected to your TV and Router?

what box do you have?

Thanks.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes