TV Support

For help with your TalkTalk TV box, channels and apps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good picture but no sound

Newark
First Timer
Message 23 of 23

My Huawei DN372T box has been working fine, but switched on last night and although we have good pictures, we have no sound.

The tv is not on mute, it works with other devices, so it's not the tv.

I tried a soft reset (using the front power button on the topbox), I also tried resetting using the button at the back of the topbox, but still the same result, good picture but no sound.

After contacting talktalk last night, who tested our broadband and said no issues there, I then reset the box via the maintenance mode (option 2), but this still has not restored the sound.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Carol

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Newark
First Timer
Message 1 of 23

Thanks @Gliwmaeden2 and fre55die both for your help and info.

I'll try the old box again and if it works ok, I'll return the new smaller, non-recording box.

Thanks again

Regards Newark

Message 2 of 23

@Newark 

As @Gliwmaeden2  says TT have not been issuing boxes with the recording facility since the beginning of the year.

Does the original Huawei DN372T work properly now that you have reset the TV?

Don't forget to turn off the TV when plugging in HDMI leads as plugging in whilst power on can damage the TV as many devices carry a voltage for switching etc. via the lead.

If it does I should hang on to that.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 3 of 23

They have stopped issuing the boxes that record, @Newark. Quite a lot of people are upset by the decision  - it's been like this for most of 2021.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Newark
First Timer
Message 4 of 23

Hi Karl

You sent me a new talktalk box but I now can't record programmes.  The box I have now is Huawei DN360T which I believe is a Talktalk TV box but not a Talktalk TV Plus box and that's why I can't record.

I was able to record with the previous box, so can you send me a TV Plus box, so I can record again.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 23

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Newark
First Timer
Message 6 of 23

That worked!!!

Thank goodness.

I now have sound and the banner has disappeared.

I reset the tv as suggested.

Many thanks

Message 7 of 23

Hi

The display at the top of the screen is from the TV, the box does not have an output  like this, so it does point to possible TV settings. 

Are you able to reset the TV, is there an option in the menu settings ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Newark
First Timer
Message 8 of 23

Hi Karl,

I've tried the things fre55die suggested and this has made no difference.

The HDMI1/ML 1080p and time are still displayed at the top of the screen constantly and there is no sound.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 23

Hi Newark

Follow fre55die's advice and see if changing any settings helps.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 10 of 23

Hi @Newark 

Just a thought, does your TV have individual HDMI port settings? Just gone through the settings on my SONY TV for something else and discovered that there is a separate volume control/mute option for each HDMI port together with the separate picture options.

Also on your TTbox have you tried changing the HDMI and S/PDIF settings to either Stereo or Surround ( the opposite of what it currently is) ? Blue YV button on remote > Settings (cog wheel at the top) > Picture & Sound ?

The 1080P displayed on screen leads me to think that this is a TV Settings problem as this info shouldn't be constantly displayed as you say.

If this has helped and solved your problem, please mark it as Best Answer so that staff or others do not spend time looking for alternatives.

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 11 of 23

Staff are on the forum normal business hours, @Newark, not usually the evening.

They'll follow up tomorrow. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Newark
First Timer
Message 12 of 23

Hi

Is anyone still dealing with my issue?

To confirm, I still have no sound, but good picture, even though I have a new talktalk box, using new cables, trying HDMI cable in different ports and using a different HDMI cable.

Am I able to request an engineer to visit?

Thanks

0 Likes

Newark
First Timer
Message 13 of 23

I've tried another HDMI cable and another 2 HDMI ports, but this makes no difference

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 14 of 23

Hi,

Have you tried another HDMI cable / HDMI port on the TV ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Newark
First Timer
Message 15 of 23

Hi

I received the new box today, have used all the new cables, plugged in the new box, gone through the set up procedure and found tv channels, but this has not made any difference.  Again, I have a good picture, but no sound.  Alternative devices still give sound, and the tv is not on mute.

I have the HDMI1 , 1080p and the time displayed at the top of the tv screen at all times when trying to watch through the talktalk box - I'm sure this shouldn't be there.

So my issues are still the same as previously

Any suggestions?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 16 of 23

You're Welcome 🙂

Regards 

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Newark
First Timer
Message 17 of 23

Brilliant, thanks so much for your help.

Kind regards

Carol

0 Likes

Message 18 of 23

Hi

The new box should arrive in 24-48hrs.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Newark
First Timer
Message 19 of 23

Hi Karl,

I've updated my contact details, so you should be able to find my account.  Are you able to say how long it will take to get a new box to me?

Many thanks

Carol

0 Likes

Message 20 of 23

Hi Carol,

Can you add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' so I can locate your account and get a box out to you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes